National Gun Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Okay, I have picked up another rust encrusted rifle. two actually. One of which is only a barrel and receiver frame, the other has no bolt or trigger.

On the first one I ran a .42-44 cal bore snake through, and the rifling is still intact. the front of the receiver frame appears to be stamped PAK 1075. (Ignore the dog)

The second appears to be .22 cal. the front of the receiver appears to be stamped US Remington Model. The model number is hard to distinguish.

Links Removed as per Forum Rules

·
Registered
900 Posts
Top one appears to be a Martini of some sort. Possibly a Martini-Henry. How
long is the receiver?

Bottom one? First guess is a sporterized 1917 Enfield.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, I think your right on both counts. I'll try to get these cleaned up and see if I can find parts so that they might become functional again.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Oh, and the reciever is abouth 4 inches long
Hmmm---seems a little short for a 450 Martini-Henry. I'm going to guess it's some version
of what's called a Martini Cadet. My Australian .310 Cadet receiver measures 4", but
the top profile and holes don't quite match yours. Someone will be along that knows
a lot more than me and give you a positive ID on it.

Unless you just want to do it to see if it can be done, neither of these hunks-o-rust are
good candidates to get up and running. You will have W-A-Y more into either of them
than they will EVER be worth.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the four inches was an eye ball measurement. Just used a ruler and got just over five inches. And my .446 lead bullets fall right through the barrel, so I think it's a 450.

And I just want to get them up and running. The rifling and chamber appear fine on both rifles.
I've take it up as a hobby. I've already gotten a Italian Vetterli, a sported Siamese Mauser, and a German 71/84 Mauser working again.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyway, here is a list of marks I have found so far.

Top front of the receiver:
PAK

Top rear of the barrel:
K

Right rear of the barrel:
8 80

(Then very tiny and sideways)
J
F
24 11

(crown)
E

(Other faded marks)

Left rear of the barrel:
W.D. (Under an arrow)

V. (Faded mark)
(Crossed flags)
2.P.

E

Bottom rear of barrel:
(various numbers. some faded)
50 76

Bottom front of receiver:

(Now my dremel is dead, got to charge it before I find more)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm.. looks like the links to my pictures got slapped down.... How the heck do I show what i'm talking about now?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I believe if you talk to a moderator and get permission it's okay, your link got removed because your a koi opt member without 15 significant posts. Read that In the welcome new user thread.

·
Registered
7,947 Posts
Do you still have these parts? The Martini receiver, even stripped, is worth working with to rescue.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've been debating removing the barrel if I can find a replacement. I have a 1903a3 in similar condition that I intend on restoring

1 - 15 of 15 Posts