National Gun Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here and I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I work with a man who fought in Germany between 1944-45 in the 87th division of the Army. He brought back a little Walther .25 ACP in nice condition and showed that to me. He said they took the weapons from POWs. He told me about another large handgun that he got while over there and it shot a "cement" bullet. He said that they could only bring a small amount home with them and he left that over in Germany. I have searched all over the internet and haven't found anything and am very curious about it now. He isn't the type to talk sh*t so I believe that it's true. If anyone has any suggestions as to what it may be, I can show him a picture and I'm sure he'll remember if it is the right one or not. Thanks a lot!

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,933 Posts
Posting pictures is of vital importance when asking for handgun identification.

Late in the war the nazis, due to a lack of natural resources, experimented with many alternative projectiles. Eventually, they settled on sintered iron (compressed iron powder) projectiles for their handguns.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Posting pictures is of vital importance when asking for handgun identification.

Late in the war the nazis, due to a lack of natural resources, experimented with many alternative projectiles. Eventually, they settled on sintered iron (compressed iron powder) projectiles for their handguns.

Sorry, he didn't bring it back and he doesn't have any pictures that I know of. Thanks for the info! I tell him tomorrow and see if he can describe it any better, but he's getting up in years and I doubt he can tell me much more.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I don't think he's asking about the Walther .25 ACP. He's asking about a larger gun that shoots "cement" bullets

Could he have been thinking mortar instead of cement? As in mortar rounds. I've never heard of a gun that shots a cement bullets.

·
54,933 Posts
The Walther P.38 was the most manufactured and used handgun the nazis during WWII.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies! I showed him pictures of mortar rounds an he said that wasn't it. He said it was a revolver. I'm leaning more towards the idea of the sintered iron bullets in a common gun. It's not that important anyway.

·
54,933 Posts
A revolver... that's interesting.

Nazi Germany seemed interested in making more efficient, faster shooting firearms. The revolver would be seen in their view as obsolete.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all your input. Now he told me that he might have gotten it when they raided buildings and not from a POW. So it may not have even been used by the Nazis. Too bad he didn't bring it back. I would have liked to know what it was. Thanks again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts