National Gun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My PM message box shows full. I have tried to delete them but am too soon old and too late smart when it comes to computers. Please flush it for me or give instructions-
type r e a l s l o w as I am a senior citizen
thanks,
whomp

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
Go into your private messages box, and in the second blue banner, look for the wording: Messages (and the number you have). Click on the box. That should check all the messages.
Go to the bottom of the page and where it say: Selected Messages, select delete. Press Go.
Hope that helps! :wink:

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
My PM message box shows full. I have tried to delete them but am too soon old and too late smart when it comes to computers. Please flush it for me or give instructions-
type r e a l s l o w as I am a senior citizen
thanks,
whomp

Excuse me, are you really comming back after two months off and think you are going to start your whining right away? Guess again Bucko!!!
This crap about being a sr. citizen isn't going to cut it. Fact of the matter is that we are glad to have you back on the forum, so time to stop the whining and start back with the crotchoty old duffer that we all know and love.
I am the member of the month, I can get away with this stuff..

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Couple of different ways to do it, Chris. The quickest/easiest is to go to the bottom-right of the PM page to where it says

Download all Private Messages as:
XML | CSV | Text

If you choose "text", everything message you have in the Inbox will go to one text file. You can name it whatever you want and save it to whatever folder you prefer. I keep mine in my "NGF" folder. Then you can go in and edit the file at your leisure, deleting what you don't need and keeping (or even making separate files) out of what you do need.

Then you can go to your "Outbox", the PMs you've sent out (or your replies to those sent to you) and do the same.

That will clear your PM space quickly and easily and then you can deal with it later. Email me if you would like any other help with that or anything else.

~Rick

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
Yup ~ that's good if you want to save your PM's. :thumbsup:
However, you will still need to do the delete to remove them from your PM folder.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
...oh yeah, I forgot THAT part...

...details, details...

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Watchit, young'un!

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Or if you don't want to take the time to read them I can delete them in the admin screen in about 2 seconds!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts