National Gun Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i am currently scrambling to purchase a SA rifle and i have only found one avaialbe in my area. that would be a msar .223 . i do not know much about this gun but i am in the process of researching .

I would appreciate any feedback on the stopping power this gun has as well as the ammo being available.(the shop owner keeps emphasizing that ammo is in short supply and that i should load up bc he cannot get any more)

would appreciate any assistance with the msar .223

ty

·
Pissed Old Lady
3,793 Posts
Hello, i am currently scrambling to purchase a SA rifle and i have only found one avaialbe in my area. that would be a msar .223 . i do not know much about this gun but i am in the process of researching .

I would appreciate any feedback on the stopping power this gun has as well as the ammo being available.(the shop owner keeps emphasizing that ammo is in short supply and that i should load up bc he cannot get any more)

would appreciate any assistance with the msar .223

ty
Look for a good AK, that's my advise. I don't like ARs, they poop where they shoot. AKs don't jam. It really depends on what you want it for. If you're scrambling, it's because you think they will be banned. You can also look on gunbroker.com or the others (gunbroker is like an ebay for guns).

Right now the prices are nuts, people are overcharging for guns, ammo and no semi-auto handguns because some moron placed that in the ban now. Went to look at a P85 and they raised the price 150.00 from the last time I was there last week.

You can wait until people find they are gouging and they stop. We have a shortage of .45 acp, 22LR, and so on. I found a box of Remington 22 Thunderbolts and they had $39.00 on the box. I will never shop there again, or where they raised the price too high.

Bid on them on gunbroker, it will probably be cheaper than that person there is selling it for. I saw ARs here for 1,600 to 2,200 now - people are friggin' crazy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dianne, i have never bought a gun online so im a little uncertain of how dependable the guns will be without atleast handling them. but i will look into gunbroker.... does gunbroker have a return policy at all?? also how would i have a semi auto rifle made state legal for my state of NJ???

·
Pissed Old Lady
3,793 Posts
Dianne, i have never bought a gun online so im a little uncertain of how dependable the guns will be without atleast handling them. but i will look into gunbroker.... does gunbroker have a return policy at all?? also how would i have a semi auto rifle made state legal for my state of NJ???
New Jersey? Heck, do they allow anything? I lived there for a few years and I remember they wanted me to register all guns, including shotguns. On gunbroker, you bid and each seller (like ebay) has a return policy, if they don't, don't bid. I've had good luck there honestly. Recently picked up some extra mags for a P90 and they were as described. They will ship to an FFL holder and you can check it out there, or have a gunsmith check it out if you're uncertain. Gun shows are also good, don't know if they have them in Jersey, but maybe PA (Biden country and bad also). Just check the sellers feedback. As for legal in Jersey, what does that mean? Does it also have to be deserviced like in England? If it something that can be done to the gun, a good gunsmith would be able to do what you want.

If I may, I would suggest an AK over an AR. An AK shoots and shoots and an AR is a high maintenance item (shits where it eats so to speak). Got rid of mine some years ago. An SKS is still reasonable, and if you have to have a black gun, you can get stocks for it and 30 round mags (if you can find them available now - do your research, one of mine is a POS and jams all the time).

Again, guns and some ammo are way over priced right now. It may come down or not after the morons finish with their proposals. You can get all kinds of weapons depending on what you want it for. I asked before, but what do you want it for?

- Personal defence?
A good .45 would do. I prefer the older Ruger P90. If homes are close to each other, for home defence you can end up going into the house next door.

- Hunting?
A wide variety of options. I just picked up a nice 30-06 (well two of them LOL)

- Defending your 2nd Amendment rights?
Think about an AK or SKS over an AR. Even an M1 is good (30-06)

Ammo is a concern also if you like shooting. Expensive more than before now. A 30-06 round is expensive. A .223 is OK and 762x39 is cheap.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will be using it at the range and for home defense and ofcourse 2A.

i almost purchased a MSAR 223. in a shop last week. its the only semi auto i have seen anywhere in my area.

but i passed bc i had just purchased the glock22 g4, but i am researching the msar to see if its for me.

Im not sure if the msar delivers enough stopping power or if its worth the law inforcement issues i will run into as a owner .

ideally i would like to have a semi auto rifle with enought stopping power for home defense and in the event that they completely outlaw them in nj.

but i still am a gun novice and i will continue to research what is the proper rifle for my needs and likes.

Thanks for you help Dianne.0)

·
Pissed Old Lady
3,793 Posts
I will be using it at the range and for home defense and ofcourse 2A.

i almost purchased a MSAR 223. in a shop last week. its the only semi auto i have seen anywhere in my area.

but i passed bc i had just purchased the glock22 g4, but i am researching the msar to see if its for me.

Im not sure if the msar delivers enough stopping power or if its worth the law inforcement issues i will run into as a owner .

ideally i would like to have a semi auto rifle with enought stopping power for home defense and in the event that they completely outlaw them in nj.

but i still am a gun novice and i will continue to research what is the proper rifle for my needs and likes.

Thanks for you help Dianne.0)
Sure, but they jam, it's a nice weapon but you'd be better with an AK or something like an SKS. I don't know the laws in Jersey anymore, it's been awhile since I've been there. You may want to look into an SKS, they are not on the ban list for some reason and are still cheap, relatively speaking, and ammo is cheap. The Glock is OK, I prefer the older Rugers myself, and in 45 cal of course like a P90. But if your life is going to be dependant on the weapon, you're better off going with the AK, although some will disagree.

Good luck, let me know what you got :-D

Dianne

1 - 6 of 6 Posts