National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What price range can i expect when looking for a good smith and wesson .45 snub nose to concealed carry. I saw online that they have that caliber in snub. I want something light with plenty of knockdown power. the .45 can deliver that i hope.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you find a used Model 25 or 625 3" for UNDER $700.00 you are getting a bargain.

Smith has a new ultralight framed .45acp snubby (sorry, forget the model number but I BELIEVE it is a 325) and they run about $899.00.

If you want a bargain...look for the Taurus .45acp snubby. I shot one a couple of years ago, and it was a SHOOTER.

I tried to convince my friend he NEEDED to sell it to me...but no luck.

Taurus and Charter Arms also make a snubby .44Spl that is reasonably priced and reliable. Neither are as sexy as a Smith...but, they work.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
I would recommend you try and find a .44spl to shoot as it is a winner for a snubnose type revolver. Anything with the number 4 in it will give you all the knock down power you will need if you can control it. It Takes a lot of practice to get good with the shorter barrel lenghts. :thumbsup:

·
Just Some Dude...
1,142 Posts
What kind of price range are you working with?

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
If you decide to go with a Taurus, be sure to do a search of the forum regarding that make. Their quality varies widely from gem to junk.

·
Big Gun Enthusiast
420 Posts
I would recommend you try and find a .44spl to shoot as it is a winner for a snubnose type revolver. Anything with the number 4 in it will give you all the knock down power you will need if you can control it. It Takes a lot of practice to get good with the shorter barrel lenghts. :thumbsup:
very solid advice baldy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts