National Gun Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
weird thread title, right?!?!?

anyways, just got my hipoint C9 and magazines are hard to come by. After searching for a LONG time this morning, I finally found a site, has 6 of em, listed at $18/ea. I plan on going to the range frequently so my new box of 1000rds should be here soon.

Is there a need for more than 1-2 mags?

·
Registered
480 Posts
You might be asking the wrong crowd. I believe the more the better. ( works for women and money) so why not guns, mags, and ammo. If you can afford it it always good to have some backups. If it's a gun you might have for a while or keep in your truck or car buy all 6.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well its a matter of spending $18 x 6 = $108. I offered the guy $72 for all 6 so itd make it $12/ea clip. Think he'll go for it? LOL

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
weird thread title, right?!?!?

anyways, just got my hi-point C9 and magazines are hard to come by. After searching for a LONG time this morning, I finally found a site, has 6 of em, listed at $18/ea. I plan on going to the range frequently so my new box of 1000rds should be here soon.

Is there a need for more than 1-2 mags?
"Clips" are stripper clips to load certain firearms that use those to strip off ammo into the weapon and are then discarded.

"Magazines" are a permanent part of most handguns and some rifles and are used to hold the ammo in the weapon.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Clips" are stripper clips to load certain firearms that use those to strip off ammo into the weapon and are then discarded.

"Magazines" are a permanent part of most handguns and some rifles and are used to hold the ammo in the weapon.
thanks for the info... so im still slightly confused, although the definitions make sense.

ex. 9mm semi-auto handgun... the "magazine" comes out, reloads, goes back in. The "clip" comes out, reloads, goes back in. whats the difference?

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
Get all the MAGAZINES you can afford to get.

·
Premium Member
1,029 Posts
thanks for the info... so im still slightly confused, although the definitions make sense.

ex. 9mm semi-auto handgun... the "magazine" comes out, reloads, goes back in. The "clip" comes out, reloads, goes back in. whats the difference?
No.

Clip.

Magazine.

A clip is an ammunition storage device, typically not surrounding the entire bullet, which is used for speedily reloading Magazines, either internal or detachable. They're often disposable.

A magazine is a detachable, reusable, ammunition feeding device.

Sometimes there's some cross-over in definitions, but often times it's clear cut.

So I'm still remotely on topic: As many as possible.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No.

Clip.

Magazine.

A clip is an ammunition storage device, typically not surrounding the entire bullet, which is used for speedily reloading Magazines, either internal or detachable. They're often disposable.

A magazine is a detachable, reusable, ammunition feeding device.

Sometimes there's some cross-over in definitions, but often times it's clear cut.

So I'm still remotely on topic: As many as possible.
ok awesome, thanks! now I understand. works for me and Ill be buying all 6. just found 10 other websites, ALL sold out.

·
super noob
2,037 Posts
well its a matter of spending $18 x 6 = $108. I offered the guy $72 for all 6 so itd make it $12/ea clip. Think he'll go for it? LOL
Nope I dont think he will. Unlike the housing market wich is a buyers market, the gun market is a sellers market which means there are more people wanting to buy then there is product to sell. That drives up prices and if you dont buy them then someone else will. So why would he want to come down in price?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope I dont think he will. Unlike the housing market wich is a buyers market, the gun market is a sellers market which means there are more people wanting to buy then there is product to sell. That drives up prices and if you dont buy them then someone else will. So why would he want to come down in price?
cuz he doesnt have to hold the inventory and can sell em all to one buyer... convenience.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts