National Gun Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,706 Posts
For real, I load my Ruger LCR chambered in .38 Special with +P+ 158 gr LSWCHP. At the end of each practice session I fire five of these rounds just to remind myself. Five is all I want to shoot at one time.

·
Registered
168 Posts
"Now the question. What weapon that you own is the most uncomfortable to fire?"
None.
If I don't enjoy shooting it, it's gone.
I'm too old for that nonsense.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rossi 357 snubbie, while heavier than OP's SW, it was a nightmare and occasionally would mistime a little (spit lead off the forcing cone). Dumped it post haste. It was unpleasant in two ways, teh brutal recoil/fireball blast and very unnerving when I found out it had not locked up in perfect timing to the cylinder - forcing cone. Bah-Humbug!

·
Registered
4 Posts
My Mosins are a bit unpleasant. I've thought about replacing the steel buttplate with something more forgiving, but I keep thinking that would be cheating.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
S&W 629-L 44 mag ported barrel. Very loud and the way the wooden grips met the trigger guard would beat your middle finger into submission.
Winchester 1300 slug gun. Need I say more?
Custom made 458 win mag. Brutal.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Well, I don't own anything that has nasty recoil. I don't like to shoot guns that hurt...pansy I guess. Probably the heaviest recoiling gun I own is my Model 700, in .30-06.

·
Registered
1 Posts
On a number of posts I've mentioned that the 1911 45's are not in the top 3 of my favorite handguns. Maybe not even in the top 5 and it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that they're 45 caliber and nothing to do with any recoil. The recoil is minimal and actually timid compared to my Glock 40 and most certainly to my S&W model 342PD AirLite. Even with standard 38 loads I can't or won't fire more than 20 or 25 rounds because my trigger finger gets so eaten up getting smashed by the trigger guard it's actually bled. The fact that it uses an aluminum frame and a titanium cylinder takes the total weight down below 12 ounces. And when a 38 load comes flying out of a 12 ounce anything it's not going to be pleasant. Making it worse yet, the grip is very small, bordering on tiny to me. But you can carry it in a pair of shorts, go shirtless and no one would ever know it's in your shorts pocket. It can't snag because it's shrouded and there is nothing to get snagged. So painful as it is to shoot, if that happens to be the weapon I'm carrying if I'm ever genuinely threatened I'll take those 5 whacks on my finger. S&W discontinued them a number of years ago and I understand that a number of masochists are actually willing to pay outrageous prices for them so I have to think on that.

Now the question. What weapon that you own is the most uncomfortable to fire?
American derringer 45 lc /410 shot that will tickle your Palm

·
Registered
1 Posts
for me it was the Glock 23

On a number of posts I've mentioned that the 1911 45's are not in the top 3 of my favorite handguns. Maybe not even in the top 5 and it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that they're 45 caliber and nothing to do with any recoil. The recoil is minimal and actually timid compared to my Glock 40 and most certainly to my S&W model 342PD AirLite. Even with standard 38 loads I can't or won't fire more than 20 or 25 rounds because my trigger finger gets so eaten up getting smashed by the trigger guard it's actually bled. The fact that it uses an aluminum frame and a titanium cylinder takes the total weight down below 12 ounces. And when a 38 load comes flying out of a 12 ounce anything it's not going to be pleasant. Making it worse yet, the grip is very small, bordering on tiny to me. But you can carry it in a pair of shorts, go shirtless and no one would ever know it's in your shorts pocket. It can't snag because it's shrouded and there is nothing to get snagged. So painful as it is to shoot, if that happens to be the weapon I'm carrying if I'm ever genuinely threatened I'll take those 5 whacks on my finger. S&W discontinued them a number of years ago and I understand that a number of masochists are actually willing to pay outrageous prices for them so I have to think on that.

Now the question. What weapon that you own is the most uncomfortable to fire?
I was at a target range shooting and noticed how much more comfortable and accurate
shooting my buddy's 45. I was really surprised. Sold my glock 23, I guess if I were a little
guy with small hands that might have made a difference, don't know. But whatever you carry
you have to have a comfortable grip.

I'll take a 45 any day

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm not clear about your comments about the 1911 45s. You say it's not one of your top five guns. You never say why you don't like the 1911. I happen to own and carry a Colt 1911 .45ACP National Match and love it. I have a Glock 27 .40 S/W and a Para in the same caliber. I also have a S & W Chief. I rather carry a pistol rather than a wheel gun.

·
Registered
9,128 Posts
"Now the question. What weapon that you own is the most uncomfortable to fire?"
None.
If I don't enjoy shooting it, it's gone.
I'm too old for that nonsense.

My XDs 45 acp with 230 gr + P will leave the hand stinging for a half hour just from firing 7 out of her. But she carries so nice. So if I need it, Someone will be on the ground and I will be having a sore hand. I will settle for that outcome.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts