National Gun Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I had Texas Bond .410 gauge and .45 LC.....I could fire the .410s easily enough.....The Long Colts like to have put me in the hospital.........The .45 Long Colt.....Called me prison Bit#$....... and I only fired one of those.......

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Pistol grip 12 gauge with 3" 00 Buck lol. Everything else is really quite nice :D

[Edit:] Oh and PH, my LCR doesn't seem to kick too bad at all, I've been running Winchester PDX1 Defender 130 gr +P and it's really not bad.
Last time I had it out I burned up a box of that and only stopped because I ran out of ammo lol. Unless of course you're talking about the .357 model, mine is the .38 +P model.

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,181 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Have you seen that .700 Nitro Express? At least I think that's what it's called. Either way if I ever got the chance I would totally pull the trigger on one LOL!
It'd probably rip my shoulder off but at least I'd have a fun story for the grand kids lol.

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,181 Posts
Yeah there's a vid floating around with a bunch of arabs being thrown on their @ with one :lol:

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,181 Posts
I stand corrected :thumbsup:

·
Registered
256 Posts
My most painful experience was with a Thompson Center Contender. It had a 10" barrel, 4x Burris scope, and was chambered for the .30-30 cal. Call me a wuss, but first shot I fired decided this was not going to be fun. Tried handloading the round down a bit, but didn't help much. Sold it a week later. Swore I would never again shoot a handgun chambered for a rifle caliber. :nonod:

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
By far it would be the S&W 500 revolver a good friend of mine has. He recently bought the biggest grain they make for it(I forget the number, but the bullet is almost an inch long) .50 cal. pistols kick like a mule.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
By far it would be the S&W 500 revolver a good friend of mine has. He recently bought the biggest grain they make for it(I forget the number, but the bullet is almost an inch long) .50 cal. pistols kick like a mule.
I just asked him, they are 700 grain

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,181 Posts
^^^ 700 grain Matts bullets for the .50 Matts Bullets Quote " A cylinder full of these equals a half pound of lead!" :lol:

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Yeah, those are the ones, pretty nuts. We dug one out of the hill we shoot at, and there is just as much lead inside the casing as there is outside. There is only about
1-32" clearance from the bullet to the edge of the cylinder. That's a lot of lead

·
Registered
61 Posts
First off, I love shooting 1911s. Just had to say it.

With that said, my least favorite gun to shoot is my .38 special snubbie. It's one of the new hybrid polymer frames, and I'll admit that it's very light in my pocket. But it draws blood within ten shots. I gave it to a friend at the range to shoot. He fired two shots and handed it back to me. I would rather shoot just about anything other than that snubbie. For that matter, I would rather flog myself. I plan on selling it and buying a Rhino.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts