National Gun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to choose my first CC pistol. I've only owned a 870 Wingmaster 20ga, and a S&W .38 special so far, but shot plenty of other stuff. I know I want a semi-auto, pretty certain I want 9mm, and would like it to be under $650 (I could go a bit over, given good reason. But, I'm hoping to add an optic and/or laser/light, and nice IWB holster). I'd also like it to be at least fun-ish to shoot. Lastly, I'm really a fan of upgrading and customizing something to make it my own... I see a Cerakote finish in my future. I've only held a few of what I'm considering, (which I'll note), but plan on firing a few this week.

If theres something I haven't listed that I should consider, Please, let me know. Also, if you have any holster recommendations suitable for optics and/or laser/light,. I'd be happy to hear about them.

Here's the line up and my thinking:

Sig P320 (Held it)
Pros: Has great reviews. Felt really good in my hand. I like that I've HEARD that it has many aftermarket parts.
Cons: Felt great in my hand... until I held a P365.

Sig P365 XL (Held it)
Pros: I've heard there are aftermarket parts, but have yet to find them. The 365 has RAVING reviews. Felt AMAZING in my hand. Also like that it is optic ready.
Cons: None I can't thing of... Can be hard to find.

Sig P365 SAS *no hold*
Pros: I like the no snag design and the builtin compensator vent ports.
Cons: I've heard it's not as fun to shoot as the XL, the site is weird

S&W M&P9 2.0 or Shield
Pros: I found some great deals on package deals that come with a red or green Crimson Trace Laser Guard or Laser+Light Guard (cant remember the right name)
Cons: Felt good, but a little chunky, which makes me worried about shooting feel and printing.

Glock 17 or 47
Pros: The 47 felt almost as good as the P365 XL. Has TONS of aftermarket parts. Reliable.
Cons: Have heard the odd angle of the grip makes shooting weird for some. Have always had the impression they are less accurate than some.

Some others I've found great deals on in my price range, and have done much more than one article of research on:

Sig P230 M17 - Reviewed really well

FN 503 (and some other FN's)

Springfield Hellcat

Faxon FX-19 ( I can't remember whether it was the Hellfire or Patirot that I found a super deal on).

Thank you for your help!

· Registered
173 Posts
I’d suggest renting some to see what feels right and fits you.

I have a Sig Sauer P365 which I like a lot. The SAS sight works like a red dot would work for sight picture.

I carry a Glock 19, Gen 5 or Glock 19X. Nothing wrong with a Glock.

Nice thing about the P320 is that it is modular. It can be a compact, full size, or carbine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.