National Gun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the NAA Guardian .380 still made? I don't find one for sale new anyway.
Looking for a pocket gun.
Like the P3AT but worried about reliability. Or are the newer guns OK now?
Also glanced at the Beretta 3032 Tomcat but think the caliber is a little too small.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
You can still find them on many auction sites.

From what I read, Kahr manufacturers the frames (as well as the NAA .32 frames), but have temporarily halted production on the .380.

I cannot find out why.

G

·
Guardians carry a lifetime warranty.

According to Sandy Chisholm, NAA's President, the Guardian .380 is still in production. See "Sandy's Soapbox", January '08:

http://www.naaminis.com/sandy010108.html

I strongly advise you to stay away from Beretta: I had a Tomcat 3032 whose frame cracked just few days after it's warranty period expired.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TNX for the replies.
I seem to have a problem finding a good pocket model.
I may just step up to the Kahr PM9. It's still small for what it is.

G

·
I tried a Bersa Thunder in .380 that a friend of mine had and have since purchased one for my wife. Porbably 1500 rounds through it without a single hitch and it i smooth as silk with a decent enough fit and finish. It is also very affordable.

Don't discount the little gun if you are looking for a pocket .380.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Bersa Thunder is, in my opinion, too big for a pocket gun. It's also pretty heavy at 20 .oz unloaded for what it is.
It's 6.6" long according to what I found compared to the 5" range that I am looking for. I am also looking for a lighter weight gun.
My Beretta 8045 Mini Cougar is only 7" long and it's .45ACP. It's just too heavy and big for the pocket so it's going to be sold.
I know that the PF-9 and PM9 are both small and light. OK, they are not magnums or big bore but 9mm works well for the intended purpose.

G

·
keninaz said:
The Bersa Thunder is, in my opinion, too big for a pocket gun.
It's 6.6" long according to what I found compared to the 5" range that I am looking for.
I love that little gun, but yeah... if you are looking in the 5" range it won't cut it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts