National Gun Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Agriculture departments in at least four states are warning residents to report any unsolicited packages of seeds that arrive in the mail appearing to come from China.

The packages, officials warn, might contain invasive plant seeds, insect species or pathogens, some of which may be invisible to the naked eye.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture's Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service on Monday called on anyone who has received such packets to hold onto the unopened seeds and envelopes and immediately contact their state plant regulatory official, or the APHIS state plant health director in their respective state.

Seed recipients can contact MDARD at 800-292-3939 or via email at [email protected]. USDA's State Plant Health Director for Michigan, Craig Kellogg, can be reached at 734-942-9005 or by email at [email protected].

"APHIS is working closely with the Department of Homeland Security’s Customs and Border Protection and state departments of agriculture to prevent the unlawful entry of prohibited seeds and protect U.S. agriculture from invasive pests and noxious weeds," the agency said in a statement Monday.

Reactions: CDR_Glock

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Wow that’s scary. I’ll bet this is a angle of attack that most people never thought of. I wouldn’t put it passed those commie bastards to try and destroy one of our food/feed systems.

·
Aim true !
10,040 Posts
We have Japanese knotweed. It's very invasive. The story i heard on it. Was there was some insect they were trying to control. And they bought in birds that eat the bugs. And the knotweed seeds were in the birds droppings. Don't know if that is true or not. But the stuff sure takes over an area real quick.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,950 Posts
I suspect China is at war with us, and this is one attack out of many to come.

FYI, I suspect the COVID-19 virus might have been a "test run" for something more sinister later on.

·
Aim true !
10,040 Posts
They are up to something. The covid came about after the trade mayhem. I wonder why customs did not catch the seeds.

Reactions: Fitasc Shooter

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,950 Posts
Customs inspects less than half of the shipments coming into the U.S.

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
Super Moderator
14,196 Posts
I have an idea! Stop, inspect, and return to sender anything from China.

Alan

·
Registered
8,202 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,194 Posts
Try less than half a percent.

This is an act of war. And yes, ban all incoming shipments from China.

--Wag--

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
  • Osama El-Lissy, a deputy administrator for the USDA's Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, said the department had identified 14 species as herbs and plants like hibiscus, mint, and sage.
  • Since late July, people across the US and in countries including Canada and the United Kingdom have reported receiving packets of seeds they did not order, and are marked as coming from China.
  • All 50 US states have now issued warnings against people planting the seeds.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I ordered 100 pot seeds from China. Not one sprouted. The customs X-ray machine probably fixed them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts