National Gun Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Looks like I forgot the 338 Lapua dies, shell holder, 500x 9mm bullets and 500 small pistol primers

Brother must have grabbed a bag of mine, missing a 45 box, 223 box and 400 large primers.

This looks much less productive than last weeks haul.

Was hanging out in one of the small shops late this evening talking to the owner, real nice guy. Deals some Athlon scopes out of his shop. He’s a precision shooter himself. Got to see the Athlon Ares ETR in person. I definitely liked the reticle in it better than the Argos BTR.

He then pulled out his rifle and mounted it on a tripod and had me look at his scope. Can’t recall what he said it was. I made some focus adjustments so I could clearly see the reticle and had to take a double take. I asked him how much this one was. He said $3600. I adjusted it a couple more times to be sure then I said, “your reticle is moving.” He looked confused for a second, then I said, “Come take a look, grab the magnification adjustment and just move it just a little, you’ll see the reticle jump to a new position.” After checking it on a target, he agreed that he definitely saw it jump back and forth 45 degrees as he adjusted it. It was slight but It was also aiming at a wall 20’ away. He definitely wasn’t happy about it but he took it pretty well. Hopefully, seeing it will save him some frustration out on the range.

It’ll be visiting his shop more. Got to see some of his custom machine work on a 1911, was impressive.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I loaded 100 10 mm today. 100 40 sw yesterday. Im going to get some ammo cans at walmart later. All in caliber specific ammo boxes are full.
I feel you brother. I bought 6 ammo cans the other day. Looking at my 2 desks, what’s loaded and no place to put it, what’s ready to be loaded, I’m going to need another 12-15.

Today, I am more we’ll stocked than I’ve ever been. 41lbs of powder and components to load 10-12k rounds. May have to trade some pistol powder for rifle powder at some point, idk, it’ll be close.

What I really need is a few lbs of Alliant Reloader 26 magnum rifle powder. I have bullets and primers to reload 300rds of 300 PRC. That’s the powder I actually want. I can load it with what I did last time but I’d like to save that powder for the 243. I really like that little .243 Axis. It packs a wallop for no bigger than that bullet is.

·
Aim true !
11,352 Posts
We went to walmart last night. I forgot the ammo cans lol. And i was right by them. When i picked up a sling for my gallery gun. Talk about a duh moment lol. And we had them on our shopping list too!

·
Registered
14,074 Posts
Man you're going hog wild, love it! I hit my shop today and picked up a few things. Just a few bullets, a lb of powder, some SM rifle mag primers and some small AR parts for those oops moments or repairs. Also got some speed ejection port loaders loaders in the mail for those NY compliant fixed mag guns.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yeah, my wife never says anything about my gun habit. She said something this morning to the effect of, “You know you spent $3,000 on guns and ammo in one week?”

I said, “Yep... And tomorrow I gotta go make payments on 3 more.” That was the end of the conversation.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I paid $120 for 1200 last night but I don’t believe he was gouging. I’ve probably spent $1k In his shop in the last month. He’s pretty reasonable on everything. I’m going to guess he paid out the wazu since this was the first time he’s had any since I’ve been going in there.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Man you're going hog wild, love it! I hit my shop today and picked up a few things. Just a few bullets, a lb of powder, some SM rifle mag primers and some small AR parts for those oops moments or repairs. Also got some speed ejection port loaders loaders in the mail for those NY compliant fixed mag guns.
View attachment 121526
That’s about what a normal day used to look like. Back when you knew it was going to be there when you needed it.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I did pick up a couple things I today while making my rounds paying on guns. Bass Pro in St Charles, Mo had a 1 box limit on 22LR. There were 5 boxes when I left. They had 40 S&W and 9mm ball for $16.99. 5 box limit if anyone needs it. There were 30 boxes at least of each at 8:30pm tonight. Wasn’t going real fast. Might be some in the morning. Most people passed on it because they were looking for 45.

·
Registered
14,074 Posts
I like how they put "sale" on something marked up 10 times the average cost. You're going to be glad you bought that transfer magnet!

·
Registered
14,074 Posts
I went to my LGS today to get some more 30 Mauser bullets to feed my 7.62x25 reloading. I knew they had some so i figured i would stock up some more being who knows when things will get back to normal. One guy was looking at the powder list so i found myself looking at it after. Then i saw this and then that and then something else.....They got in a small supply of primers which are now $5 per hundred and was allowed 4 packs.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Nice 👍🏻

I’m heading to pickup that 45 Colt brass in about an hour. I’m hoping I find enough to get myself in trouble...

My check was $10k short this morning. Was not happy. Apparently pushed off the better part of my check for another two weeks. My guns may have to sit on layaway for another 2 weeks. Unhappy is an understatement.

·
Aim true !
11,352 Posts
My weekend plans are ruined. Rain all weekend. But ill get more loading done. I swagged the rest of my 223/556 cases. There in the tumbler now. I'll load them tomorrow. Going to make a trip to the LGS tomorrow and have a look around.

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I just visited two of my favorite little shops and spent about $350. I’ll take some inventory when I get home. I did get me some 30-30 reloading bullets. Think they are that Missouri brand.

·
Registered
14,074 Posts
Holy cow, you got CCI primers!!!!

·
Aim true !
11,352 Posts
Todays finds. A Gerstenberger Model EMGE .22LR and a range bag tool set. And a Lyman smith set. The little pistol as a 100 bucks. The mechanics are tight and timing is good. I don't think it was used much.

Reactions: Philmo11
21 - 40 of 49 Posts