National Gun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
Ya need one of these to round out the top few........

My recoil-junkie husband is no longer satisfied with his .460! He's now looking at that S&W .500............... Will it ever end?!?! -I

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My recoil-junkie husband is no longer satisfied with his .460! He's now looking at that S&W .500............... Will it ever end?!?!
Tough one - although I think it has for me - a .500 with a 700 gn bullet - don't want
to break anything up to/and including my shoulder!
:shock:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lots more fun to shoot the 50AE than the 500, Ported barrel and recoil soak up all that energy that makes you limp.
(wrist- whadda ya think I was talking bout?) She9's got all youse guys minds in da gutta. -r-

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whompuss:

She9's got all youse guys minds in da gutta.
Hey! Whatchatawkin'bout, not MY mind ... no, I only think
of nice things when I think about her. I visualize her with
you on her lap giving you a nice warn snuggle and a
cuddle! :D

·
Registered
236 Posts
If you actually shot that revolver in a bear defence situation, wouldn't you damage you hearing pretty badly? (I know, getting killed by said bear is worse, but still...)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Entreri:

If you actually shot that revolver in a bear defence situation, wouldn't you damage you hearing pretty badly? (I know, getting killed by said bear is worse, but still...)
No, but up at our place, in Alaska, we've been very close to Griz (fishing in the rivers) a couple of times and my hand was on the grips.

There was a guy in Jasper, Alberta, who I once talked to - half of his face was gnawed off in a bear attack, years before, no question in MY mind that I'd squeeze off five w/o hearing protection if it came to it. Fortunately, bear attacks are still fairly rare.

... but then, same with personal auto accidents ... and I always carry full insurance. My S&W is comparable to 'full insurance' in the bush.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts