National Gun Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Proud American
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm soon going to build my perfect AR-15 rifle. It's a carbine, and later on I may register for a sbr and add a suppressor. Please give me your thoughts.

BARREL
Daniel Defense s2w cold hammer forged 16"
Caliber: 300 Blackout
Rails: Midwest industries T-Series Free-Float Quad Rail, length covers gas block
Carbine length gas tube
Gas block: LaRue low profile gas block
AAC Blackout flash-hider

UPPER RECEIVER
Forged 7075 t6 aluminum Spike's Tactical flat top upper receiver
PRI Gasbuster charging handle
WMD NiB-X bolt carrier group

LOWER RECEIVER
Tactical Machining .300 blackout marked 7075 t6 aluminum lower receiver
Battle arms ambi safety selector
Dpms lower parts kit
Gissele SSA-E Two stage trigger
Original Ergo Grip large
LMT SopMod buttstock
St-t2 heavy buffer from spikes

RANDOM ACCESSORIES
Gas Vent
BAD lever

It's alot, but as far as I know, this is all very high quality parts. Thanks.

·
Gun collector
82 Posts
Looks like a lot of fun! And I bet the parts were cheaper than buying the rifle itself. If its your first build, you might want to consider getting this book someone told me about: Build Your Own AR-15 Rifle and Save Big Money!

·
Proud American
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not my first build. I've made two others. The book looks like a good read, but I used the easy method to learn: YouTube. Seriously, there's alot of gunsmiths who make videos all about construction. Anyway, I was curious as to the quality of this gun. It's going to take quite a bit of money, but its worth it, because I want to make the perfect AR-15 carbine. Seriously, the trigger is $240. It's gonna be awhile before I can build this thing....

·
Registered
282 Posts
It's not my first build. I've made two others. The book looks like a good read, but I used the easy method to learn: YouTube. Seriously, there's alot of gunsmiths who make videos all about construction. Anyway, I was curious as to the quality of this gun. It's going to take quite a bit of money, but its worth it, because I want to make the perfect AR-15 carbine. Seriously, the trigger is $240. It's gonna be awhile before I can build this thing....
If this is only your 3rd AR I will warn you now, building all out custom AR's can be a nightmare at times for the home builder. I would scour the interwebz looking for someone who has build a rifle with the parts you want.. It would suck to dump $2k on a rifle you cannot get to cycle properly or has gas system issue's.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,933 Posts
I'm not sure there is a 'perfect' AR. Everyone seems to want something different.

I have not yet seen an AR problem that cannot be solved through patience and knowledge. Knowledge comes through patience.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'm not sure there is a 'perfect' AR. Everyone seems to want something different.

I have not yet seen an AR problem that cannot be solved through patience and knowledge. Knowledge comes through patience.
Very true on all accounts. AR's are pretty simple. I only ever had one issue I couldn't figure out.. Ended up having a gunsmith work out the kinks. Great rifle afterwards.

·
Proud American
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I guess "perfect" for me then. But yeah, I think it checks out to my standards. I might not even do this one, as I'll be putting so much money into it. I might just have it assembled by a gunsmith.

·
Proud American
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And I think before I have this kind of money I'll have done more. There's others i want to make, this one is my future project. I'd like to try an A2, and acouple others.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts