National Gun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

¡
Registered
8,147 Posts
So today is my birthday. Yesterday my wife said I could buy a gun at the pawnshop😁. So I bought three. A pawnshop about 50 miles from me does evidence/confiscation buys from local LE agencies and they have the “bargain section”. And I am needing to have some other pieces to showcase my work. A lot of these guns are absolute junk: missing parts, JB weld repairs, solid blocks of rust. Some, the only thing that classifies them as a firearm is there is a readable serial number. But there’s a few gems in there.

So I walked away with a Smith&Wesson 4013 .40 cal, an old Smith&Wesson .32 long pistol, and a Stevens 12 gauge pump shotgun with choked barrel. All for 600.00

They are in rough but very restorable shape. I think I found my new favorite place.
View attachment 138318
View attachment 138319
View attachment 138320
That old S&W needs lots of love, but that is the one I would focus on. I hope the bore is good. If not those barrels pop up from time to time.
Looks great have fun.

¡
Registered
8,147 Posts
I agree, Northtidesix. Last night, as soon as I got it home, I stripped the handles off and soaked it in CLP. The cylinder release was frozen but after soaking and some gentle but repeated tapping with a brass drift punch I got it to break loose and was able to remove the cylinder assembly. Internals look pretty decent, bore has some wear but looks serviceable.
When I get one badly rusted, I put it in a sealed tank full of ATF then let it cook for a few days, sometimes weeks. The hot sun in a sealed ATF container will dissolve lots of grime, corrosion and rust. ATF is the best cleaning solvent I ever came across.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts