National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I just up a 1918 Lee Enfield No1 Mk3* for $200.

The stock appears to be sported, but everything else looks normal. I really would like to find out about all the markings, and If I could put a original Enfield stock on it.

·
Super Moderator
5,837 Posts
I would agree that the stock has been sporterized, but was the barrel cut?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would still like to fin out what the markings mean. I've not been about to find a definite reference to the markings. I bought this rifle mostly as history piece. But It will also be added to my fun guns.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,163 Posts
That is an aftermerket front sight and band. Your rifle's barrel has been bobbed.

·
Registered
85 Posts
wellll..the smle mean short magazine lee enfield, the no.1 mrk 3 is obvously the model, the st. alb is the importers stamp...possibly? i have an original un sporterized no.1 mrk.3 le enfield with the same markings

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here is my Enfield not sure excatly what Model or issue maybe some can tell me. I bought it many many years ago in an Ace hardware store as surplus if memory serves right I think it was less than $50.00. It still shoots well. Some of the markings are hard to make out, if anyone is real serious in them I can make a pencil rubbing and send to you.

Mander1
GEDC1142.jpg GEDC1144.jpg GEDC1158.jpg GEDC1159.jpg GEDC1155.jpg

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just put a stock on it from a rifle that had been marked DP, and with red and white strips at the trigger. defiantly a better look.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dipp:
Notice the difference in the rear sight position between your rifle and mine??

Mander1

1 - 20 of 20 Posts