·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Nice AR.

I've got a Bushmaster myself.

G

·
Good looking AR..

Mine is in progress. So far it's a magazine and lower assembly, the rest happens over the next month or so..

-Peter

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Congrats, Brandon -- I know you'll be happy with the Bushie.

G

·
Had one, constantly jammed. I want something a little more reliable
in case of a SHTF situation. Traded my used BM + $200.00 for a new
SLR-106FR. I'll go for the gas piston AR next time, if there is a next time...
damn child support. Good luck with your BM, hope it serves you well.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
stud7024 said:
Darn! It makes me so mad, they block most pictures here. I hear nothing but good about Bushmaster though.
That shouldn't happen.

It could be the size of the pic, most forums limit the size to save storage space/user bandwith.

Most folks are using this to do a forum-friendly resize: http://photobucket.com/

Also, most folks don't realize that the resolution of monitors is way below the resolution of a digital picture; that is, the high-res required to print a decent picture (3008 x 2000 pixels) is double the resolution most monitors have (1600 x 1200 at the very best, 1280 x 1024 is typical).

Use your digital camera software to downsize the resolution to make the picture a more reasonable size (in terms of megabytes), and upload your pic to Photobucket to change the physical dimensions. This will have have NO EFFECT on their monitor display quality.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Mecha-G said:
Had one, constantly jammed. I want something a little more reliable
in case of a SHTF situation. Traded my used BM + $200.00 for a new
SLR-106FR. I'll go for the gas piston AR next time, if there is a next time...
damn child support. Good luck with your BM, hope it serves you well.
First off, welcome to the forum Mecha-G. Can't say that I've ever heard of a jamming issue with a Bushie. That would include the ones used by the Army and the Marines over in the Sandbox. Wonder what the problem with yours was?

I want to build a gas piston type AR in the near future. I found some lowers that will work well and even look much like the H&K 416. Gas piston ARs are where it's at! (...he says, right after having bought another tube-type!!)

G

·
[/quote]First off, welcome to the forum Mecha-G. Can't say that I've ever heard of a jamming issue with a Bushie. That would include the ones used by the Army and the Marines over in the Sandbox. Wonder what the problem with yours was?

I want to build a gas piston type AR in the near future. I found some lowers that will work well and even look much like the H&K 416. Gas piston ARs are where it's at! (...he says, right after having bought another tube-type!!)[/quote]

I don't know what was wrong with it either? maybe just needed to polish the feedramp, I polish all the ramps on
my pistols. I have a preference for the AK platform anyway, maybe I just needed an excuse to by anther AK ;)

G

·
looks good. now its time to accessorize...lol
sightwonders.com has some really good mounts and scopes that work great
Have fun with the new bushie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts