National Gun Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I have been wanting to get a new holster for my EDC my husband got me for Christmas last year, because the plastic holsters honestly aren't as comfortable as I expected, and they tend to make a lot of noise when I'm moving around. He has bought holsters from Versacarry in the past, and so we decided to "pull the trigger" on getting one for me. I received a Guardian OWB, and I love the rustic look and feel. It definitely has genuine leather, and honestly, I just love the look. But for functionality's sake, it's amazing. I find it easy enough to draw without having to worry about it falling out, and it has a convenient leather backing so the gun sights don't rub into my side. Thanks hubby!

45541159_346310075926171_8392732014712717312_n.jpg

·
Aim true !
11,672 Posts
I will not ever buy a plastic holster. Hope your post is not a hidden sales attempt. If not welcome then. Looks like you have a Taurus there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep! G2 millennium. No sales here, just wanted to share my opinion because I’m guessing other people have a distaste for plastic holsters and wanted to share my experience

·
Super Moderator
11,950 Posts
There are pros and cons to every holster out there. Yours looks very nice, btw. My issue with most IWB holsters, plastic or otherwise, is that they add so much bulk to the pistol's already massive bulk that printing is a huge problem. The other issue I have with plastic is that if they make the belt clips out of plastic, the dang clips have a tendency to break after about a year of constant use.

--Wag--

·
Aim true !
11,672 Posts
I have the G2 in both 9mm and 40 sw.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Doesn't look like much retention. I prefer leather holsters that are molded to a gun so they sort of lock in place but are still easy to draw.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I like leather, but I do carry a G22 in a serpa on the motorcycle. I will not be upset if either gets dinged if I fall. I also like a very tight leather holster if there is no active retention.

·
Banned
1,453 Posts
I carry IWB Kydex. I like the retention and trigger guard.

Leather is silky smooth, but re-holstering is tough when the leather is collapsed.

Also, when I get home, I can quickly unclip the weapon and holster at the same time for storage.

I live in South Texas and we don't have cold weather, so no OWB for me.

·
Super Moderator
11,950 Posts
One of the things to watch for with leather is that when it starts to age and collapse, the leather can "invade" the trigger space of your firearm. The action of holstering the pistol can then be hazardous. Make sure to pay attention to the leather and if that starts to happen, replace it.

--Wag--

Reactions: orion

·
Banned
1,453 Posts
One of the things to watch for with leather is that when it starts to age and collapse, the leather can "invade" the trigger space of your firearm. The action of holstering the pistol can then be hazardous. Make sure to pay attention to the leather and if that starts to happen, replace it.

--Wag--
Wow. I've never had a leather holster that long, but it makes sense.

I used to practice drawing my weapon and then speed holstering (rookie mistake, I know).

What you're discussing could have been real trouble.

Thanks for the heads up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.