National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Just a few days ago I purchased my first handgun. I grew up shooting long guns and I'm pretty accurate with them, but every time I've shot a handgun I just wasn't happy with my accuracy. Recently I was shooting my brother-in-laws Thompson Center with a 30/30 barrel and it was a lot of fun. So it got me started wanting a handgun for myself. After shooting that monster and being a typical guy, I wanted something big, so I was going to get a .357. After much reading on many forums, and consultation with my wife, who grew up shooting competitively, I checked my machismo and got a Ruger Mark III 22/45.

Why? Well like I said I'm not that good with a handgun, so as has been pointed out by many, a .22 is excellent to learn with. My wife grew up shooting a Mark II, even won a state championship with it when she was 11. And honestly, my arms were sore for a day or two after shooting that 30/30. I can't wait to take my new beauty out to the range with my wife and put a put a lot of holes through some paper.

Sorry to people that read multiple forums and have seen this same stuff other places, I'm just so thrilled I can't contain myself.

BTW, anyone from Central, AR? I'm looking for other local gun type people to get to know and go shooting with.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Welcome to the forum.
Don't need to apologize for multiple posts. Most of us hang out on multiple forums. This ust happens to be my favorite 'cause the folks are so friendly. Please stay and post as long as you like.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.

And congratulations on the purchase. I started out with a Ruger Mark II, don't even know how many guns I currently have. I do know that it's not enough. :D

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,669 Posts
Greetings and Salutations

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Welcome to the forum. That Ruger of yours is a GREAT pistol to start with. Glad you joined us.

KYPD,

~Rick
a/k/a "The Gunrunner"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts