National Gun Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fell in love with hunting and decided i needed a gun. Went to the gun show and flirted with a .223, but i intend on hunting game larger than hogs and deer and i wanted a gun that could do that so i got the .308 instead.
IMG_00621.jpg
IMG_0138.jpg
IMG_0163.jpg

1.Fresh out of the box.
2. Eotech w/ Magnifier
3. Magpul MOE Handguard w/ AFG (I want to get a quad rail eventually but i was tired of looking at the standard handguard it came with. I'll get a bipod when i get the quad rail)
4. (not pictured) Magpul PRS- bought the PRS, but couldnt find the rifle length buffer, tube, or spring. its in the mail...

Any other other useful add-ons i should look into?

·
Red State Rising
2,215 Posts
That's a hell of a first gun. I think you have the basic add-ons covered. You might want to look at a forward pistol grip to go along with your quad rail hand guard.

Have fun with that thing, and get us a range report!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I might get a forward pistol grip, but the AFG I have now is pretty solid. Ive been to the range with it but I had different scope on then. I'm going shooting this weekend, so range report coming soon.

·
Texas Legal Gunslinger
3,531 Posts
What's the overall weight of that thing?

And those Magpul AFGs sure are nice!

·
Registered
8 Posts
i shot a couple rounds and then decided to empty the clip as quick as possible, heres a video. excuse the pants-sagging, i had a full box of ammo in my back pocket.

Link Removed As Per Forum Rules

·
Registered
6 Posts
Friggin awesome mate. Quad rail and a grip. If you have an eotech, you have yourself quite a fantastic firearm there. Cheers, happy hunting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
All you need now is some extra mags, ammo, and possibly a bipod. Pretty nice set up I have the same rifle I'm slowly modding out. Was it a pain to install that PRS?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, but only because the screw to connect the receiver and prs I ordered from RRA had waaaaay too much loctite on it. Wrestled with it with a screwdriver for an hour until my power drill was charged, but even with the drill it took some extra force/finesse.

·
Registered
19 Posts
First gun, good job. How does it feel? I think you made the right choice on the fore-grip. Vertical grips are awkward for me trying to shoot at any real distance.

I don't know if you have thought about it but as much as you have already put into it you can get the optics coated to match the furniture. Just an idea.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
First gun sweet...See gun basics can be applied to something other than a .22... You like it you fit it now work on bacics while having fun with it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts