National Gun Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
e52b68618f10eac3eb753f42c03bc8ec.jpg
This is my 22 target pistol (immage from web), it's a Matchgun MG2, a very accurate pistol produced by Matchgun, a litle italian gun factory. I think it is not very common in the USA.
I have used it for a long time for Pistol Standard competitions at 25 meters, it's a speciality of accademical shooting, but official competitions get bore me, and now I use it only for fun.
I belive that our accademical shooting competitions are not very popular in the USA, but I know you have similar speciaties like Bullseye shooting.

·
Live Free
2,867 Posts
View attachment 112804
This is my 22 target pistol (immage from web), it's a Matchgun MG2, a very accurate pistol produced by Matchgun, a litle italian gun factory. I think it is not very common in the USA.
I have used it for a long time for Pistol Standard competitions at 25 meters, it's a speciality of accademical shooting, but official competitions get bore me, and now I use it only for fun.
I belive that our accademical shooting competitions are not very popular in the USA, but I know you have similar speciaties like Bullseye shooting.
That is an interesting pistol! The extended sight radius should enhance accuracy.

·
Live Free
2,867 Posts
My target pistols...
06E9BCB8-F26F-443B-BF77-8994439212DF.jpeg
To date, the older Standard Model is a bit more accurate than the Mark IV Target, and has a better trigger. The Mark IV trigger is slowly improving with use.

·
Aim true !
10,257 Posts
Yeah my Ruger MK3 22/45 target has a better trigger than the 4 does and my 22/45 target. But the 22/45 target has a better trigger than my 4. The 4 seams to be improving with use.

·
Live Free
2,867 Posts
Okay. That makes sense to me. It appeared shorter to my eyes in the photo, likely as you explained. That was the only caveat to me because the barrel appeared a little shorter, but 14” ought to shoot pretty awesome. I shot a friends .223 Contender some years back that had a 14” barrel. We were shooting golf balls easily at 100 yards. Lot of fun!

·
Registered
35 Posts
That is an interesting pistol! The extended sight radius should enhance accuracy.
Yes, it's very target pistol.
It's also a very beautiful piece of mechanic with singular charecteristics (for exemple the magazine is the tube below the barrel), it was designated by Cesare Morini, a genious.
[video=youtube;vEgC616CLAY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEgC616CLAY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEgC616CLAY[/video]

·
Live Free
2,867 Posts
Yes, it's very target pistol.
It's also a very beautiful piece of mechanic with singular charecteristics (for exemple the magazine is the tube below the barrel), it was designated by Cesare Morini, a genious.
[video=youtube;vEgC616CLAY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEgC616CLAY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEgC616CLAY[/video]
So it has a five round tubular magazine and fully adjustable trigger. Interesting feeding mechanism; is it a bit fussy as to ammunition?
sights are adjustable including aperture width and grip width and position too. Well thought out, looks a little tedious to clean and lube, but not bad considering.

Thanks for posting that!

·
Registered
35 Posts
is it a bit fussy as to ammunition?
A bit, my pistol loves really expensive Lapua (I used them for the official competitions) and cheap Federal that I use for training, but it hates Fiocchi, don't work with Fiocchi... :nonod::frown2:

Well thought out, looks a little tedious to clean and lube, but not bad considering.
It's not really tedious, but it need a minimun of manuality, it's not a pistol for beginner

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
WOW! Some very nice pistols posted above. Pretty much all of my Ruger Mark pistols (14 of 'em) have target sights of a red dot optic, so they could be considered target pistols, but I do have a few others that ain't Rugers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts