National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Guy with a Gun
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a few other threads like this and have had a couple of people ask about picks of my firearms so I figured I'd post this thread. Because of the number of pictures, there will be a different post for each gun starting with the first I aquired then working up the the most recent. More will be added as I get them.

·
Registered
7,193 Posts
????? Pictures??? LOL Send Pictures ! I love looking at other collections. I always see something to add to mine.

·
Guy with a Gun
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
H&R Hammerless 410 single shot

My first gun, I got it in I think 2005, the actual cost was $500 bu since i got it from my grandfather, I only had to pay around $100.
DSCF1079.jpg DSCF1074.jpg DSCF1075.jpg DSCF1077.jpg DSCF1080.jpg

·
Guy with a Gun
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
????? Pictures??? LOL Send Pictures ! I love looking at other collections. I always see something to add to mine.
sorry about that, my computer is running slow this morning, there will be 3 more posts today.

·
Guy with a Gun
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Savage .243

I got this one a bit later, it was the first year i went deer hunting, I think that was 2006, maybe 2007. It shoots well but it is very loud, you can almost see the sound waves on the muzzle blast.
DSCF1083.jpg DSCF1085.jpg DSCF1084.jpg
DSCF1088.jpg
DSCF1090.jpg
I'll save the rest for when my computer is working better. I'd use my tablet, but I don't have the photos on that.

·
Registered
7,193 Posts
So far so good! What caliber is the rifle?

·
Pissed Old Lady
3,793 Posts
Sweet, keep going!!! LOL

·
Guy with a Gun
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll have to post the rest tomorrow, I had a busy day today and by the time I could sit down and work on anything, I had completely forgotten about the thread.

·
Guy with a Gun
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Colt Official Police .38 Special

I got this during the summer of 2011, nice gun overall and lots of fun at the range. The first day I had it I put 50 rounds through it and, by the end of the day, was able to hit 3-4 out of 6 on a 8.5X11 piece of paper at an estimated distance of 50 yards.
DSCF1147.jpg DSCF1107.jpg DSCF1108.jpg DSCF1145.jpg DSCF1150.jpg

·
Pissed Old Lady
3,793 Posts
I got this during the summer of 2011, nice gun overall and lots of fun at the range. The first day I had it I put 50 rounds through it and, by the end of the day, was able to hit 3-4 out of 6 on a 8.5X11 piece of paper at an estimated distance of 50 yards.
View attachment 6550 View attachment 6551 View attachment 6552 View attachment 6549 View attachment 6548
I have one of those Sarge!!! What's the serial number? I have one that is from 1899 serial number 450. This is a GREAT gun to hold! It's darn accurate too! Mine still shoots fine. The grips look like they are from the 30s, same as what I had on mine. I don't have the colt stamped in mine.

That's a great pistol!!!!

·
Guy with a Gun
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
CZ 511 Semi-Automatic .22 rifle

I actually just got this one for Christmas with a 4x Simmons rifle scope that I haven't attached yet. The shape sort of reminds me of the old WWII rifles, especially with the hood over the front sight.It's only had a few hickups (2 misfeeds and a stove pipe) that turned out to be caused by the gun being in desperate need of a good cleaning. I haven't the slightest clue why, but for some reason this gun is very quiet, even for a .22 lr. The first time I fired it, I was about 50 feet from my house and my parents, who were inside at the time, didn't here a single one of the 20 shots I fired, and it's the same thing with any ammo type or brand I use.

DSCF1092.jpg DSCF1100.jpg DSCF1096.jpg DSCF1101.jpg DSCF1102.jpg

·
Pissed Old Lady
3,793 Posts
LOL Sorry for asking you a question! LOL Won't happen again!

Dianne

·
Guy with a Gun
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL Sorry for asking you a question! LOL Won't happen again!

Dianne
Serves you right :wink:. I didn't even notice your question post until just now when I checked my e-mail, sorry about that. If I'm looking in the right place then the serial number is 642119. Not sure what year it was made in, do you know of any websites here I can run a search? I know it probably wouldn't be concrete, but it would be nice to have an idea of when my gun was made.

·
Pissed Old Lady
3,793 Posts
That is too cool:

1953 POLICE POSITIVE SPECIAL & DETECTIVE SPECIAL
1950 OFFICERS MODEL SPECIAL
1940 OFFICIAL POLICE MODEL (CONTINUED ARMY SPECIAL SERIALS)

It's one of those. It looks like mine, but my barrel was added afterwards. I can't read your barrel, but I love mine and I'm sure you love yours.

What does your barrel say on it?

·
Pissed Old Lady
3,793 Posts
It right on the Colt website. I was trying to figure out what mine was. If the grips are original to the gun, then I would say the 1940 model. But it really depends on what the barrel says. Mine actually came with rubber grips originally. So if it's the Official Police model you can even get the original date of manufacture and week it was delivered to the military. You can ask here, or look at the charts:

Colt 1917 Serial-Service Numbers

This guy can actually tell you the information.

This is another Serial Lookup: Serial Number Data

It's a beautiful revolver and I love mine also! I am now looking for a barrel from 1899 to 1905 - wish me luck! LOL

·
Guy with a Gun
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mine says "Colt Official Police 38" on the side of the barrel. Yeah, that photo didn't come out very well, I didn't know about the close-up setting on my camera at the time. Thanks for the links, by the way, I'll have to check those out.

·
Pissed Old Lady
3,793 Posts
I'm way off, I thought that was the same as mine. You don't use moon clips with .45 acp? I don't get it. I imagine there are a lot of pistols, or at least a 38, built on the same frame as a Double Action New Service revolver. It almost looks the same as mine, the closer I look the more differences I see, minor ones and the frame looks exactly the same. Well it's a nice gun, I wonder if the weight is the same unloaded. Let me know when you find out, I'm curious. I gotta look for those also now.

Now can you picture a detective with a wide brim fedora and double breasted suit carrying that? Too cool!

·
Guy with a Gun
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Based on what I have found, my revolver is a 1940 Official Police model .38 special. Thanks again for the links.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I actually just got this one for Christmas with a 4x Simmons rifle scope that I haven't attached yet. The shape sort of reminds me of the old WWII rifles, especially with the hood over the front sight.It's only had a few hickups (2 misfeeds and a stove pipe) that turned out to be caused by the gun being in desperate need of a good cleaning. I haven't the slightest clue why, but for some reason this gun is very quiet, even for a .22 lr. The first time I fired it, I was about 50 feet from my house and my parents, who were inside at the time, didn't here a single one of the 20 shots I fired, and it's the same thing with any ammo type or brand I use.

View attachment 6554 View attachment 6556 View attachment 6557 View attachment 6555 View attachment 6553
Nice looking 22 there Sarge. Speaking of quiet, my old tube feed 22 will take the 22 short CCI CB. I know they won't work in a mag feed but they sound about like a kids cap gun. I used them for killing squirrels that were eating my house when I lived in town. Neighbors thought I was using a pellet gun.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts