National Gun Forum banner
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
That looks good. Why not on the wall?
Or space the rifles so you can hang pistols between the barrels? That would look nice.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
I got to looking at it today. There won’t be enough room for the Henrys with the security monitors there. Still considering other options.

Ordered 2 more AR-15s but I think that side of the room is ok.

·
Super Moderator
15,811 Posts
Jeeeze Louise! I thought it was rough down here near the border!

Alan

• Haha
Reactions: Philmo11

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I started tearing down the pegboard and rehanging 8’ sheet instead of 6’. I was trying to avoid that due to how the room dips in that one corner about 2”. It’s really visible now since the sheets go clear to the ceiling. Have to hang a crown molding so it doesn’t drive me bonkers when I look at it.

The sheets are only being held up by 3 screws each so it actually looks worse than it really is. And I was wrong about the ceiling height. It’s only 8’4”. Required me to put the baseboard on first because the pegboard overlaps a little.
Rectangle Wood Grey Floor Flooring

I can’t remove the shelves because many of the revolvers weigh too much for the hangers and I refuse to drill 4 holes per gun into that new wood wall. The new sheets should add somewhere between 48-60 sq ft of room to hang stuff. Just need my trusty step stool to reach the top row.

Could also move those stainless 1911s to the shelves too. I have a row that is unused I kept open for expansion.

I have 34” on one side of the door and 24” on the other I can use too if needed. Was going to use that for magazines but I guess I could hang some handguns there if I had to.

I looked at vertical rifle racks as many suggested. While I think it’s a good idea, the room is only 7’10” wide. The Holdup Displays racks for scopes rifles sticks out 14”-16” from the wall. Doesn’t leave much room to move around in there if I ran down both sides. Still an option though. I haven’t done the other side of the room yet. One wall wouldn’t be too bad.
Line Font Aircraft Aviation Rectangle

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 · (Edited)
This is where I am. I did test fit a handgun as suggested. I think it makes more sense to space them a little bit more and hang the mags with the guns. I still have a bullpup I have to pick up as soon as the background clears and two more AR-15s.
Aircraft Airplane Vehicle Aviation Font

On the other side of the room, this is where I am. There is a lot of real estate there (4’x11’) but there are still at least two dozen handguns and an O/U 20ga that still have to go up.
Wood Hardwood Font Flooring Metal

Thinking about separating the Henrys from everything else with a couple rows of 1911s and hanging all the polymer handguns on the short walls on either side of the door. That’ll leave a little room for expansion. It also puts the handguns just inside the door for quick access.

Harbor freight has a hardwood woodworkers workbench that I think would make a great armorers bench. Hardwood won’t scratch the guns and it’s already setup with wood vices and dowel jigs.
Furniture Table Wood Rectangle Outdoor furniture

Attachments

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
I didn’t realize how unbelievably bright that light was until I went in there without my hat on. I put a ceiling fan in with a 100 watt led in it. I’ll need to find a brighter one. Looks better, doesn’t wash out my black walls.

Anyway, I did like I said and broke the Henrys away from the rest with 1911s. I like it better. Got room for up to 9 traditional stocked rifles below, 6 more 1911s (8 if I put 2 in front).
Wood Font Art Metal Artifact

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 · (Edited)
Cleaner pics. These are pretty true to how it looks in person.
Aircraft Airplane Aviation Gun barrel Font

Shelf Automotive design Shelving Grey Rectangle

Wood Line Font Metal Art

I don’t know how much different it looks to you guys but it feels different. Everything is different, lighting is brighter than it originally was but the background is darker. The flat black diffuses the light so there’s no more glare. The guns stand out more, the wood wall stands out more. It doesn’t feel so cramped.

I had planned on hanging the magazines with the ARs but I’ll have to maul that over. Requires me to screw into the pegboard to hang the mounts. I may just hang a row at the bottom with everything, keep it clean.

I’ll start working on the pistol walls tomorrow. I am again, out of 1x furring strips so it won’t get finished. Also need to order more pistol and rifle mounts because I am completely out.

·
Premium Member
1,486 Posts
I love the picture of the Hi-Point hanging their with all the other fancy-shamsy guns in the armory... reminds me of the childrens highlights magazine… ‘which one does not belong?’

;)

seriously —- the place looks great!

but I’m thinking some biometric activated servos and electric motors to flip a few of the displays over which will reveal the backside with all the NFA items… autos, grenades, rocket launchers etc. the “Rambo stuff” :unsure:

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
I love the picture of the Hi-Point hanging their with all the other fancy-shamsy guns in the armory... reminds me of the childrens highlights magazine… ‘which one does not belong?’

;)

seriously —- the place looks great!

but I’m thinking some biometric activated servos and electric motors to flip a few of the displays over which will reveal the backside with all the NFA items… autos, grenades, rocket launchers etc. the “Rambo stuff” :unsure:
You making fun of my hi point? 😂.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I saw the RPR and at first glance thought it was an AR50.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts