National Gun Forum banner
41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
If your room was in the basement of your home you could affix this sign to the door... To keep any casual visitors from becoming unduly curious about what is behind the locked door

View attachment 135426
I always wanted a section of wall that just opened up like a door and an actual safe door behind that. Who knows, the door frame is far enough back I may be able to pull it off sometime.

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Need to build the front of the frame out before I can put trim up. This frame wasn’t as thick as the previous. Also have to take it down for 1 more coat on this side. Got a little over spray in a couple spots I didn’t see when I painted it first monitor came in. I counted the locations for the cameras and will need a second system so I have to order another monitor.
Automotive design Vehicle Building Shelving Wall

·
Registered
17,083 Posts
I always wanted a section of wall that just opened up like a door and an actual safe door behind that. Who knows, the door frame is far enough back I may be able to pull it off sometime.
I've seen that done on walls(without a safe door behind it) that have tongue and groove pine but the pine needs to be put up vertical install of horizontal. If done right you won't see any seams.

·
Jesus Saves
8,508 Posts
I've seen that done on walls(without a safe door behind it) that have tongue and groove pine but the pine needs to be put up vertical install of horizontal. If done right you won't see any seams.
That thought would drive me crazy enough to start over and put it up vertically.

Let's watch and see what happens! ;)

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
That thought would drive me crazy enough to start over and put it up vertically.

Well, maybe. The vertical would be on the outside of the room and the horizontal would be on the inside of the room. You wouldn't necessarily see them both in the same view. I don't know about doing an entire wall like that in the hallway but it would be a solution. I will have to look at what others have done before me and learn from what they have done. I am all for getting rid of that lime green paint though. Problem is, that's a lot of repainting. It goes from the first floor up both staircases to the third floor and all the hallway and open areas in one continuous run. Verticle carsiding would be one wall right in the middle of that run.

·
Registered
17,083 Posts

I've done my whole house in vertical tongue and groove pine except for one last room i need to do. I'm not saying i have any false walls but if i did you would never see them. Not everyone likes the look of vertical though.
Brown Wood Flooring Wood stain Floor

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I've done my whole house in vertical tongue and groove pine except for one last room i need to do. I'm not saying i have any false walls but if i did you would never see them. Not everyone likes the look of vertical though.
View attachment 135461
I love the rustic look

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
View attachment 135461
Love it! I hope to do this to my shop/work room in my basement some day

i helped my Dad put this up in the basement of my childhood home in the late 60’s

your picture reminded me how much I loved the look

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Kinda stuck. Need some opinions before I go any further. Been trying to figure out how to make more space. I may be taking the pegboard down and redoing it with new sheets. It’s getting too tight and I’m piecing the pegboards together.

I made some changes to the arrangements. One wall I’m ok with, the other… not so much. Maybe I’m just sleep deprived and can’t think straight.

This wall I’m ok with. It’s tight but I think once I redo the sheets 8’ vertical instead of 6’, I can loosen it up.

Original:
Art Aircraft Aviation Cross Space

Now:
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Shotgun Gun barrel

There’s a bullpup that has to go where that 870 is above, it’s just holding a spot.

This is the wall that’s got me all boogered up.

Original:
Vision care Eyewear Gesture Wood Shelf

Now:
Wood Musical instrument accessory Tool Material property Shotgun

The other 3’ of this wall has my pistols. Can’t really take anything away from those since I only have 1 available hanger for expansion.

That last pic is just a mess. Henry’s aren’t “together” at least not in a way that makes sense. Had to run micro pistols along the but stocks because of where the pistols are mounted in relation to the rifles, which forced me to rearrange my 1911s.

I am also worried about banging those Henrys into the glass shelves and into each other. It’s tight. Looking for some ingenious way to organize that wall so it makes sense and not a hazard to the Henrys. Btw there is an O/U 20ga that has to go in there too. I’m open to suggestions. Anything to help with the creative mental block.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Maybe more more pegboard and hang some of the pistols in the holes the rifles leave instead of trying to tighten up the rifles and using less shelving for the pistols???
Just a thought.
What you have does look nice though.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
That would work. Kind of "show case" them too. Especially with mostly single actions below them. That would look nice.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
This was the display case they came out of but there wasn't room for all of them. It would look like this on a larger scale.
Brown Product Wood Shelf Display case

·
Premium Member
9,578 Posts
I’ve got a few guns in my basement ceiling. I have the exposed floor joists and they are hung on between them but I’m sure you can put them up kinda like they are on the wall.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts