National Gun Forum banner
21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
This what ya looking for?

Right bracket, wrong support. These have slotted steel c-channel made by Reeve. One shelf weighs about 40lbs. It would rip the pegboard off the wall.

Wood Wood stain Plank Flooring Hardwood

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Progress pics… I saved all the scrap pegboard in case I needed it. Well, I’m gonna need it. We’re not even at half yet.

Cross Religious item Artifact Art Space

As I said, need one more glass shelf in the middle there and brackets for the deeper shelves that go at the bottom. I can get brackets that will work from Menards. I’ll have to order the glass. 3/8” thick tempered glass ain’t easy to come by. When I pickup the shelf supports, I’ll pickup all the trim to hide those silver supports in the background and the door reinforcements and more boards to hand the rest of the pegboard.
Wood Automotive design Grey Shelving Building

·
Salmon Slayer
993 Posts
Looking good Phil. Classy look!

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Registered
17,086 Posts
Damn, you work fast! I wish I had a room I could do that with. I would have to build one in the basement if i wanted to do that.

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Registered
17,086 Posts
Now you just need chairs and a refrigerator and you're all set!

--Wag--
Wait, what....No flat screen?

• Haha
Reactions: Caveman Jim and Wag

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Damn, you work fast! I wish I had a room I could do that with. I would have to build one in the basement if i wanted to do that.
You’d need a dehumidifier 24x7. Moisture vapor continually seeps through concrete. Even when you don’t see it. Used to pull a gallon out of the air everyday in my sister’s basement and it’s a walkout built in the side of a hill. Then there’s always a chance of actual water.
Wait, what....No flat screen?
Going above the revolvers
Now you just need chairs and a refrigerator and you're all set!

--Wag--
A chair and a black mini fridge I already have.

I have to stop here. Max’s birthday is tomorrow and they are celebrating today and tomorrow. I’m going to stop and pickup some stuff tonight like shelf brackets and the kit to fortify this door but otherwise, construction stops until probably next weekend. I need a break.
Rectangle Wood Gesture Font Tints and shades

Building Wood Plant Brick History

·
Registered
903 Posts
You’d need a dehumidifier 24x7. Moisture vapor continually seeps through concrete. Even when you don’t see it. Used to pull a gallon out of the air everyday in my sister’s basement and it’s a walkout built in the side of a hill. Then there’s always a chance of actual water.

Going above the revolvers

A chair and a black mini fridge I already have.

I have to stop here. Max’s birthday is tomorrow and they are celebrating today and tomorrow. I’m going to stop and pickup some stuff tonight like shelf brackets and the kit to fortify this door but otherwise, construction stops until probably next weekend. I need a break.
View attachment 135289
View attachment 135290
The only thing I see lacking is more guns....

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Wow it's looking great! Sure beats having your guns stashed in a safe. And getting banged up taking them in and out.
Just fortunate enough to have a couple extra rooms. The way I setup my safes, there’s not really any banging them up. Which reminds me, I need to reach out to little brother and see if he wants some of my wall locks.

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
Got one side of the door painted… what a nightmare. I went with hammered black. Figured I could roller paint the frame and get the same basic texture, only what went on was a titanium color. Paint I was using was Rustoleum Universal Hammered Black. Problem is, the frame paint I got was Rustoleum Painters Touch, which is black. Got the bright idea to get a few cans of that in spray cans and go over the hammered paint, keep the texture. I had forgotten, there is something in the hammered paint that causes it to texture like that, even another color of the same type won’t cover it up (lesson learned from the horseshoe gun racks but completely forgotten). Long story longer, what I ended up with was badly cracked black paint over titanium gray hammered. It was bad.

So today I got the bright idea to strip it all off and start over, right? Wrong. I got the strongest stripper Rural king had and even though that hammered paint needed another 36 hours to fully cure, that stripper barely put a dent in it. I ended up wire brushing half of it off and a metal scrapper to get the rest. Copper scratch pad to get most of the stubborn off and smooth it out. After I got the black paint on, I could see how much damage I had done trying to get the old off.

So, after all that, I went back to the hammered black (titanium color like it was). Sent the wife into RK to grab another 5 cans. I went to put the new cans of Hammered black on and it was actually black, or really close to it. Talk about tick a guy off… got 90% of that one side I had been working on this whole time and… drip… drip… drip… now I have big drip marks to sand out. I’m about to strap this door to some tannerite and go buy a new one…

Sticks out like a sore thumb.
Brown Rectangle Wood Grey Tints and shades

Brown Rectangle Wood Door Wood stain

21 - 40 of 85 Posts