National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17,086 Posts
I know a guy who did this in his house last year. He couldn't do the steel either and it's also an old farm house with plaster/lath and then a newer walls over it. One thing that stuck in my mind that he did was get one of those cheap disposable burner phones you don't need a plan with(just a minutes card) and keep it in the room and plugged in and also make sure you have service in there as well. He also has 2 heavy flat steel bars on the inside to put in front of the doors so it can't be kicked in.

·
Registered
17,086 Posts
Damn, you work fast! I wish I had a room I could do that with. I would have to build one in the basement if i wanted to do that.

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Registered
17,086 Posts
Now you just need chairs and a refrigerator and you're all set!

--Wag--
Wait, what....No flat screen?

• Haha
Reactions: Caveman Jim and Wag

·
Registered
17,086 Posts
I always wanted a section of wall that just opened up like a door and an actual safe door behind that. Who knows, the door frame is far enough back I may be able to pull it off sometime.
I've seen that done on walls(without a safe door behind it) that have tongue and groove pine but the pine needs to be put up vertical install of horizontal. If done right you won't see any seams.

·
Registered
17,086 Posts
That thought would drive me crazy enough to start over and put it up vertically.

Let's watch and see what happens! ;)
I've done my whole house in vertical tongue and groove pine except for one last room i need to do. I'm not saying i have any false walls but if i did you would never see them. Not everyone likes the look of vertical though.
Brown Wood Flooring Wood stain Floor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts