National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered two guns on the Internet a couple weeks ago. When I came in to do the paper work few days ago with my confirmation that they were both at the store to be picked up, they said they could only find one and the other gun was no place to be found no record of it at all. They talked me into taking the display model since that was the only one left that I could buy, but first I would have to charge another $730.00 before we could this. So now I had to pay again because they lost my rifle. They said let’s do the paperwork on this one and within three days if yours shows up we can switch them out. Of course after we did the paperwork on this rifle they said it’s already registered and I would have to take the floor model. They said the manager will call me the next day or two to find out what happened to my rifle. The manager called and said my Rifle was sold by accident to another customer and that the new customer has all my paperwork with my personal information on it. The manager said they called the owner to get my paper work back to me but he won’t answer the phone. I told them to write me a note Explaining everything that happened but of course they left out the part that all my personal information went with the wrong owner of my AR 15. I was told by a good friend of mine today that this mistake has to be documented for my own protection even if the State Police has to get involve. Any help from this forums would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Everyone.

· Super Moderator
16,600 Posts
Boy, that meter pegged right out didn't it!

Alan

Reactions: Coalcracker

· Keep calm & return fire!
14,177 Posts
Story has some glaring holes in it.

Sounds like the store doing the transfer royally screwed you. Your issue is with them as they sold something that didn’t belong to them.

My better judgement is telling me this thread should be closed but we’ll see what happens.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The store refunded me my second purchase of the same gun after the three days waiting period when I was picking it up. The store told me the reason they had to charge me again is because when they sold my gun to somebody else it is no longer in there computer system.

· Registered
4,400 Posts
I am surprise on the responses I received. I am new to buying guns and was thinking this forums could give me some good advice.
I can give you multi-purpose generic advice.
Keep your receipts for big ticket items especially for items you pay for that you haven't taken possession of yet.
Never pay twice for anything. (see above)

· Registered
2,632 Posts
Ok, Cowboy is correct but a lot depends on what state your in and was the internet order placed with the same FFL that you went to pick the firearms up from. Were you given a serial number as part of the internet order? Also please explain what paperwork you believe went with the gun that was sold to the other customer? Here is an example, if I order a gun from Bud's Discount guns, when they ship the gun to my local FFL I get notice and the serial number. All the receiving FFL can do is deliver the gun to me and do the ATF 4473 forms and background check. If I don't pick it up, it goes back to Buds's. They can't sell it because it because they don't OWN it. On the other hand if I go on my local FFL website and see something I like and place an order for it, even if I pay on line, unless I'm given a serial number at that point, the vendor can deliver the what ever make and model matches my order that he has on hand when I go to pick it up. Fill in the blanks for us. Thanks.

· Registered
17,521 Posts
. Of course after we did the paperwork on this rifle they said it’s already registered and I would have to take the floor model.

What state are you in?

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Zhills, as far as I know they got my name, phone number, address e-mail, and brand and model number of my rifle. They said there is no way they could of registered it under my name, but they also told me that there’s no way that they could sell my gun to someone else. The store said they tried to call the owner that has my information but the store hasn’t received any return phone calls.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.