National Gun Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Big Honkin' Daddy
1,247 Posts
Nice! I have an old Stevens Savage single shot .410 with a 3" chamber. I can knock a squirrel out of any tree with it.

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
A .410 is one of those guns that I just can't find a deal on anywhere. All the used guns in the shops are all 12's, I have 6 12's already and want a .410.

I love the older mossbergs too. Nice gun.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all :), dont plan on killing anything with it. I only target shoot but I am pretty sure my grandpa blasted stuff with it lol..

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Like a lot of kids where I grew up, I started with a cheeepo single-shot, breech-loading .410. If you can get good with that thing, you'll be a terror with a 12-ga! Only problem is the cost of .410 ammo, anymore. It's stupid around here.

·
Banned
818 Posts
Yeah, like gunrnr said, the price of .410 ammo is outrageous. If you plan on doing lots of shooting with that rifle, you may want to invest in a reloading press. I forget the model name, but there was a decent one I saw awhile back on the Cabela's website that sold for like 60 bucks.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
My brother once took a pheasant with an over/under .410/.22.

Nice little round.

·
Big Gun Enthusiast
420 Posts
A .410 is one of those guns that I just can't find a deal on anywhere. All the used guns in the shops are all 12's, I have 6 12's already and want a .410.

I love the older mossbergs too. Nice gun.

you should come down here to maryland....place i go to has a pump action 410, has the pistol grip with full stock and a front pistol grip already on it....like $300

·
Big Honkin' Daddy
1,247 Posts
A .410 is one of those guns that I just can't find a deal on anywhere.
HA! I traded a crossbow case (purchase price $15.00) for mine several years ago. I wouldn't trade it for anything now.

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
a basic used .410 runs from $75 - $150 here, just never got around to getting one.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Jason
I have one of those in my garage to shoot the occasional viper that shows up in the yard. My father bought it for me for xmas about 50 years ago. Cost of ammo is awlful.
If you ever want to reload you can use .444 Marlin shells, they should last forever.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jason
I have one of those in my garage to shoot the occasional viper that shows up in the yard. My father bought it for me for xmas about 50 years ago. Cost of ammo is awlful.
If you ever want to reload you can use .444 Marlin shells, they should last forever.
Why do you have to shoot the poor snake? :( , Snakes are my favorite animals:biggrin5:

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Why do you have to shoot the poor snake? :( , Snakes are my favorite animals:biggrin5:
So he can have more mice to shoot at.

·
Hunter of Ducks
677 Posts
get a Rossi .410 single shot for $115.00, I have one and love it but with ammo these days i rather buy 250 12ga shells for 55$ then 50 .410 shells for 50 $. I have this gun and love it great fun to target shoot then when you swap over to the 12ga it is a friggen shoulder cannon that doesn't miss a thing.

when I was stuck on 4 hand thrown clays with my 12ga i used my .410 to hone my skills again and broke the 5 clays like nothing. great practice gun.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts