National Gun Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was feeling off last friday....purty sure it was a sinus infection.....so anyways made an appointment with our little clinic. The clinic has of course changed procedures since this mess has started.

I arrived at my appointed time, parked at the designated space, and out popped a nurse who did her thing with temp, blood pressure, and the usual questions on the sidewalk under the shade tree.

the doc came out a bit later and did his thing and purty much told me a sinus and upper resp infection so he ordered two shots, a script, and a covid swab. He said they was purty much testing anyone nowadays since the positve cased have jumped up to 50 positive/active in our town with 6 of those in the local hospital in the past week. 50 cases may not sound a lot but in a town of 2,000 in a rural area it does get your attention as everyone knows everyone and everyone shops at the same few local places as we are a small pond. It does not help that or little hospital has a bed capacity of 11 and no icu of any sort. They do have a helo pad for transfers.

this nurse was a heck of a lot better than that army nurse and much less pain on the swabbing. Then it was off to the side to what appeared to be an old army surplus tent so i could drop my pants and get my shots away from the prying eyes of the public.

the results came back negative yesterday.

·
Aim true !
10,040 Posts
Good to hear it is not covid.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Unfortunately it's scary getting sick these days. Even if it's something you're familiar with or had before you gotta sweat the Chinese virus test. Always good news to get a positive result test as the president would say.

Were not as bad as some states but we're getting up there. Heard on the radio we're getting short of ICU bed space and opening up the GWCC.

Talking about Army nurses I got swabbed by a gal but I don't think she was a nurse. I thought I had NSU and they put me in the VD line. They stuck that swab way up in my pecker and boy howdy did it hurt. They gave me the results and said I didn't have VD. I kinda knew that already since I haven't been doing what it takes to get it. I was hoping they would give me something so I would stop dripping and sticking to my underwear. They just told me to drink lots of water it'll clear soon enough. It was one of those times you wonder why you even bothered going to the doctor.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
I need to take an antibody test. I suspect I may have already had it. I had a bad cold with a slight fever and headaches almost like a light flu. I just had a cold a week or two earlier so I thought it was strange at the time. This was right before the Chinese bat virus hullabaloo started.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I am at high risk and I voluntarily follow all the guidelines, but I would not take a COVID test unless I was bad off enough to consider hospitalization. If you test positive, it's like being convicted of a crime. You have a "record" and sentenced to house arrest without a trial. I don't want the government telling me what to do.

There is that couple in KY who they put ankle bracelets on even though they said they would quarantine. Local officials are offering free tests around me nearly every week. No way would I take one. I will bet I am not the only one who feels this way.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my main concern is my wife as she is worse off than me health-wise.......and with my profession i have people dropping in from all over the region wanting to talk about something......

·
Barney
107 Posts
So it is better not to know and spread the virus around for a few days than to find out and have to stay at home and not infect your family, friends and neighbors? I guess I don't understand that thinking.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,950 Posts
So it is better not to know and spread the virus around for a few days than to find out and have to stay at home and not infect your family, friends and neighbors? I guess I don't understand that thinking.
According to the folks who were fitted with ankle monitors and threatened with arrest if they left their home, all because they tested positive for COVID-19 ...... yes, it is better not to know.

Reactions: Ziggidy

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
A guy at work tested positive. It took him a week or so to get his results. He got tested because he was exposed to this other guy that tested positive. He was walking around asymptomatic. I haven't heard yet that anyone he had contact with tested positive. He walks by me all the time about 8-10 feet away. We had at least one conversation, no mask or proper social distancing. Makes me wonder.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,950 Posts
Does the COVID-19 test tell if you had the virus in the past, or only if you currently have the virus?

·
Jesus Saves
7,799 Posts
only if you have it. The anti-body test can tell you if you were exposed to it and had it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts