National Gun Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am moving to Florida in a couple months and I was wondering if there were any Floridians that might have some insight into carry laws, open carry, restricted places, "No guns allowed" signs, etc. that I should know about? Thanks, NightOwl!

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
You never answered the question. Where you from?

·
Registered
20 Posts
There is no open carry in Florida. Someone els recommended handgunlaw.us . That should help the most. You can't carry if drinking but can carry in Restraunts that serve alcohol. Stay out of the Bar area.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,985 Posts
I carry in FL. Like said, no open carry, concealed only. I carry everywhere I go, the park and Walmart. Only sign I've seen was at a LGS!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Is the move to Fla because of the song. Indiana want me,Lord I cant go back there???? Is the law after you??
That would be the only reason I could see to go from Indiana to Florida.LOL

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
There is no open carry in Florida. .
Not 'exactly' true. Florida has open carry while fishing.

First off, You're moving from another state. Verify that your CCW for your state is actually valid in Florida. If Florida recognizes your state CCW then fine. After you move there, you become a resident of Florida. Then, you should get a Florida CCW. That shouldn't be a problem.

Also, when moving there, pay attention to the laws of the states you'll be traveling though. Make detours if you have to around gun unfriendly states. You DON'T want to go through Maryland AT ALL with a concealed gun or New Jersey.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
And Snakes!
Yep - Florida has snakes too..... Not all of them slither on the ground either. So, it is a good idea to have a CCW.

Oops, forgot about the darn hurricanes too. Hunkering down in your home waiting for one of them to pass is not always the best idea if you want to live. Have yourself an evacuation plan in place that includes your guns - or build yourself an emergency shelter that can withstand a category 7 hurricane.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
The sign prohibiting guns in business DO NOT have the force of law, you can ignore them, just make sure your CCW is concealed. Schools, government buildings, court houses and any federal installation are a no no for CCW. Check the Dept. of Agriculture for additional info. Florida CCW is served under the Dept. of Agriculture.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Technically, if you don't have a CCW you con't even get near a school. The permit in Fla is a concealed weapons permit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts