National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think? Ruger....S&W.....the new Glock?

I've owned several Ruger mark series over the years and the sr22, but that's about it other than a Sig Mosquito that was a pile of junk.

Thinking about getting a S&W M&P in 22lr for pinking and survival to share ammo with my 10/22 take down.

·
Aim true !
10,332 Posts
How about a SW Victory. Or Ruger mk4.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,336 Posts
Ruger MkIV or 22/45 MkIV.

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
most reliable and robust for a trail gun.........Ruger MK4...or III or II or std.
my first choice though is actually the Browning Buckmark.....more sensitive in function when they get dirty and therefore not quite as reliable......but i prefer the buckmark for informal matches and competition.....i think its more "Fahrvergnügen" than any superior workmanship or materials......just keep it clean.

never had anything break on a Ruger or a Browning....

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
I don’t think there is a better .22 pistol than the Ruger as far as durability and they are very accurate. I’ve had one of mine since 1992 and I’ve cleaned at about 3 or 4 times. Shot it a whole bunch, thousands of rounds too. Great gun. I’ve got a Llama 1911/22 that’s pretty good but not as good as the Ruger. Revolvers are a different animal.

·
Registered
13,241 Posts
Some of my favorites are the ruger SR-22, Mark series, buckmark and then an oldie, the Hi Standard HD 22

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good! Good! Good! The best pistol for concealed carry in the 22 mag capacity and still shorter than most :crazy:...

This pistol is extremely accurate for its size and weight, especially for the price range. The trigger, adjuster, and two magazines are all very smooth. The fit and finish on this pistol are really top notch. This is the best pistol I have ever owned and bought :weapons:...

The CCI HP2 Force 22LR :wink: was exactly what I wanted for personal defense. I was skeptical at first at the price tag, but thought I'd give it a try. This pistol has arrived on time with very few issues. I bought the adjustable sights and the interchangeable backstraps.

·
Aim true !
10,332 Posts
Good! Good! Good! The best pistol for concealed carry in the 22 mag capacity and still shorter than most :crazy:...

This pistol is extremely accurate for its size and weight, especially for the price range. The trigger, adjuster, and two magazines are all very smooth. The fit and finish on this pistol are really top notch. This is the best pistol I have ever owned and bought :weapons:...

The CCI HP2 Force 22LR :wink: was exactly what I wanted for personal defense. I was skeptical at first at the price tag, but thought I'd give it a try. This pistol has arrived on time with very few issues. I bought the adjustable sights and the interchangeable backstraps.
What pistol are your referring to?

Reactions: AgedWarrior

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
Sorry , but the Ruger MKIVs do not hold a candle to my MKII with the 5.5"bull barrel

Reactions: Stamps6

·
Aim true !
10,332 Posts
My mark 4 and 3 both have bull barrels. :cornut:

·
Super Moderator
14,233 Posts
Ruger Mk std, II, III. I don't know anything about the IV. I looked at one once, didn't care for it. Just a personal thing.

The ruger 22/45 is about as good as they come for a rugged, dependable, affordable pistol.

Alan

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Taurus 94b 5 inch barrel 3 speed loaders handles it all in .22 short.Long/Long Rifle and subsonic as well as colibre

·
Aim true !
10,332 Posts
Just the charger wouldn't carry well on the hip. They are a cool concept.

·
Aim true !
10,332 Posts
One will carry what they have. Shot placement prevails. My wife carries a little 22 pocket pistol. She is comfortable with the gun.

·
Aim true !
10,332 Posts
Agreed. Just like my 16 inch 22 revolver. It's just a range toy.

Reactions: AgedWarrior
1 - 20 of 30 Posts