National Gun Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Luke 22:36
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just traded one of my old compound bows to a friend of mine for his 12 guage Mossberg 500. I don't really need another shotgun for hunting, but I thought I could put a little work into it and use it for home defense. It is in very good shape. I am thinking about buying the Bullpup unlimited kit for it. I think it's a really neat kit and I haven't heard of anyone having problems with them. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
I have a 12-gauge Mossberg 590 'Street Sweeper' with 8+1 capacity. There's no doubt at all that it's capable of major carnage, but it would take a lot of desperation to make me want to use it in the house. Basically, if it was a question of saving my life, or saving my hearing.

One thing about the model I have -- probably the same loading mechanics as yours -- is that the gun can't use those clever little 'short' 12-gauge shells. Other folks here will have some serious thoughts about setting them off inside a house, if you're set on using a shotgun.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
I like my 500 just the way it is , 20" barrel 8 shot I usually have the pistol grip on , it handles pretty good that way and its still short enough to maneuver in a hallway .
While I don't imagine you'll have a problem with that kit , the bullpup design ( for me at least ) has never felt quite right ... something about moving parts underneath my armpit ( right where that fat little artery is ) ....
Yep , it just don't feel right .

Good luck and good shooting .

·
Luke 22:36
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your thoughts but I think for the money it would be better to just put a good adjustable stock on it and make it a little more tacticle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts