National Gun Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I've been using the bead sight on my Mossberg 500 20ga all-purpose 26" barrel. I mainly shoot at the range for fun, shooting slugs at about 50 yards. I've been looking into options for some improved simple sights to replace the bead sights on the barrel, but I'm a bit overwhelmed by the shear number of options out there. I'm also looking for something I can install without getting a gunsmith involved. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
14,071 Posts
Check out a company call Hi Viz sights. They make magnetic fiber optic sights for shotguns that just stick on the rib, installation is quicker than opening the package as they are just held in place with magnets. If you go with rear sights they may take a few minutes to install but it's still easy, just several pieces that need to be screwed together with a piece that goes under a vent rib if you use that style. They make several different sizes for most popular shotgun ribs. You either just put in the make model or measure your rib for the correct size. They do not move or fall off under recoil. Changing beads can be tricky, they are small and there are many different thread sizes. I have seen more than person mess up the tiny threads. They also make many other sights for rifles and pistols too.
HIVIZ® Shooting Systems | Manufacturing high quality firearm fiber optic and tritium sights » Product categories » Shotgun Sights

Reactions: MarlinJ

·
Aim true !
11,333 Posts
My neighbor has the fiber optic on his turkey gun. He epoxied them. After he knew they were set right.

Reactions: MarlinJ

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
If your looking to change the sights because of the rifle slugs, I would be looking for a slug barrel. Many available from ~$100.00 up. and you can get cantilever scope mounts. You can also get a smooth bore barrel with rifle slug choke tube which can be replaced with any Mossberg choke. I have a Rem 20" smooth bore barrel with rifle sights on my 870 and a turkey choke.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts