National Gun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with this model rife?
I ran into them at Wal Mart the other day and they sell them in .270 and 30-06 for about $250. The bolt action felt pretty good to me.
Also, a friend is trying to talk me into hunting with him. Deer mainly. My main rifle use was military with the M14 and M16 during my time. I really liked the old 7.62. I am told that the 30-06 is good too. Overkill?
I am told a .270 would also be good.
I don't think I will be in for any long range shooting. In fact I am just considering iron sights over a scope.

G

·
Haven't had a chance to shoot one yet, we just started carrying them at my store.
I've had a chance to look at it closely though, and it seems like a pretty solid gun.
The action works surprising well (for an inexpensive gun). Definitely something to
consider if you're just getting into deer hunting. If, for some reason, you don't enjoy
hunting, or don't do it often, at least you wouldn't have spent big bucks on a high-end
rifle.

My calibers of choice for deer are .308 and 30-06. However, if you're excluding long
range shots and want to hunt with open sights then perhaps a lever action 30-30
would best suit you. Marlin makes a nice 30-30 lever action. I harvested my first deer
with one.

G

·
Haven't had a chance to shoot one yet, .....

I've had a chance to look at it closely though, and it seems like a pretty solid gun.
The action works surprising well (for an inexpensive gun). Definitely something to
consider .....
+1 to that.

i wouldnt hesitate in buying one from what ive seen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts