National Gun Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Gl19 MOS. I was thinking of buying a red dot sight for the pistol to make use of the cutout. But since I am carrying for self defense, I was wondering if this is a good idea or if it would just make a stressful situation harder by adding more "hardware" to potentially have to deal with or go wrong at a critical moment.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I love my RDS sights and wouldn't hesitate to carry them.
My favorite is a Holosun 507c-gr V2.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,923 Posts
MOS sight for concealed carry - good idea or not?

Personally? Not.

Reactions: AgedWarrior

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
Why would you need sights? You think in a defense situation you’re going to have time to align the sights and squeeze off the round? You’re going to pull that gun and point. If you’ve got time then you’ve got time to retreat and keep from having to testify in your defense in court. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
35 Posts
For self defencee for me is better use the traditional iron sigths, because they don't need a battery and haven't a glass that it can break or dirty

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
MOS for Carry I say no for me for defense generally 15 feet or less for me sights are faster acquisition for me and less D.A trying some fugged up charges to see what sticks. Do what you want to as I said FOR ME

·
Registered
70 Posts
You can probably count on a traditional sight picture if you are a gun-gamer. On a SD gun, I have never had the inclination to hang gadgets off of it. Criminal violence is often a very sudden and fluid monster which does not often allow for the luxury of time. In a real SD situation, point shooting is just as likely as anything else. I wouldn't put a lot of planning into any one type or style of scenario. I also do not want to rely on electronics if I am not forced to. That's just me.

I run a gun as it is configured right out of the box and other than maybe adding some night sights, I don't monkey with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts