National Gun Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys I'm a complete noob on the forum so pls fogive me. I own a 4th model smith and wesson in 38s&w. I would like to know if it is at all possible for me to use moon clips. It is a 5 shot revolver so would that be another complication?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The .38 S&W round is a rimmed cartridge and, as such, does not need a moon clip.

I know of no revolver chambered for .38 S&W having a cylinder milled to accept moon clips.
thank you soo much I figured not but always best to ask

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Speed loaders is what you are looking for I got a 9 shot revolver they are awesome for. And looking at one for a 7 shot

·
Banned
7 Posts
You can have your revolver cylinder cut to accept moonclips. I send my guns to TK Custom but there are a couple of other places that can help you too.

·
Registered
873 Posts
You can have your revolver cylinder cut to accept moonclips. I send my guns to TK Custom but there are a couple of other places that can help you too.
Correct---but it's going to get expensive, and putting that kind of money into a hundred+ year old topbreak revolver might not be the best use of funds. In addition to the
cylinder cutting, the moonclips will be a custom proposition, and I'm guessing they will run $7-$8 per. I've got a nice post-war Webley MkIV-38 that I've eyeballed a few
times along those lines. Someday I might try to find a spare cylinder and machine it, hasn't happened yet. Moonclip revolvers are a hoot, I have a S&W 625 5" 45 ACP and a
8 shot S&W 627 357 mag that I run moonclipped 38 Short Colt in, plus a Second model Hand Ejector Smith that was originally 455 that has had the cylinder shaved.

·
Registered
7,831 Posts
Because it can.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,706 Posts
Why does a dog lick it's balls?
It's a grooming and personal hygiene thing. As the genital area is a place in the body where infection is common, it's in their best interest to keep that area as clean as possible.

·
Banned
7 Posts
It's a grooming and personal hygiene thing. As the genital area is a place in the body where infection is common, it's in their best interest to keep that area as clean as possible.
The correct answer within context of this thread is "because it can". IOW, in response to Ziggy asking why one would moonclip a .38, the answer is because "because you can".

·
Jesus Saves
7,652 Posts
The correct answer within context of this thread is "because it can". IOW, in response to Ziggy asking why one would moonclip a .38, the answer is because "because you can".
I find it quite immature for anyone to to answer in the text you have. I may suggest you be careful what you post while on your parents internet account. It's 9:40 pm and a school night. Good Night.

·
Banned
7 Posts
I find it quite immature for anyone to to answer in the text you have. I may suggest you be careful what you post while on your parents internet account. It's 9:40 pm and a school night. Good Night.
Whatever you say Shirley ...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts