National Gun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Call a company that does bronze plating and ask.
Awesome! Thank you so much. I know I called my nearest gunsmith who said that in order to get a new barrel for my other gun I would have to pay so much money I might as well buy a new gun with the barrel size I was requesting. Is that normal or am I missing something?

· Grand Imperial Poobah
32,975 Posts
I suspect that plating will narrow any working tolerances and possibly prevent the gun from operating or even make assembly impossible.

Reactions: The Gunslinger777

· Registered
6,726 Posts
check into the powers that be and see if some of the Pieta/Uberti 1851 navy or 1860 army grip/trigger guard frames can be ordered and substituted.....with what i would imagine some smithing for fitting.

guessing that brass is going to be thicker in most regards.

Reactions: The Gunslinger777

· Registered
541 Posts
Wait you mean I can buy them and put them on myself?
If that model of gun is offered with a brass trigger guard and grip frame, then the parts are interchangeable. Whether the maker Pietta or Uberti offers those parts for sale is another matter. As to plating, none of the parts in question are such that plating would have any impact on functionality.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.