National Gun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A so-called "straight pride" parade may be coming to California as Modesto officials weigh whether to approve plans for the event that would "celebrate heterosexuality."

> City officials are reviewing an application for a permit
> T
he event was flagged to the city's executive team as being "potentially sensitive"
>
We can't deny a permit based on values," Reeves said. "The approval of this permit would definitely not be an endorsement or sponsorship of any particular message by the city."
> Fliers circulating on social media advertising the event list not just "heterosexuality" but also "western civilization" and "Christianity" as causes of celebration.
> "There's essentially a war between two opposing religions.
One is Christianity, and the other is satanism and humanism," Don Grundmann, head of the National Straight Pride Coalition,

> Some in Modesto have been critical of the event.
> "Have you ever been fired from a job for being straight? Have you been banned from the USA for being Christian? No?
That’s because it’s Straight pride day EVERY DAY," Modesto Progressive Democrats wrote in a Facebook post.
> the Anti-Defamation League , white nationalist organizations often use terms like "promoting western civilization" as code words.

> Rep. Josh Harder, D-Calif.,
who represents Modesto, said he was "concerned about the organization’s troubling references to race."
> Kristi Ah You, a Modesto city council member, was also critical of the event and told CBS Sacramento that she wouldn't consider the permit, if it were up to her.

Organized by a group called Super Happy Fun America and aiming to celebrate "the diverse history, culture and contributions of the straight community," Boston's "straight pride" parade is slated for Aug. 31.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a...-crime-stuff-to-me/ar-AAEQSGT?ocid=spartanntp

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I don’t see a problem either. Just a bunch of normal people celebrating. You can do it, Modesto!

·
Registered
19,892 Posts
It is rather difficult to work up the enthusiasm and energy required to celebrate something that occurs by itself, naturally. But, "I do luv a parade, I love a parade; The tramping of feet, I love ever beat I hear of a drum. I love a parade; When I hear a band I just wanna stand And cheer as they come!

·
Banned
1,453 Posts
It is rather difficult to work up the enthusiasm and energy required to celebrate something that occurs by itself, naturally. But, "I do luv a parade, I love a parade; The tramping of feet, I love ever beat I hear of a drum. I love a parade; When I hear a band I just wanna stand And cheer as they come!
Don't all parades celebrate something that occurs by itself?

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
WE should keep an eye on the city to see if they grant the permit, if they do not, them WE all American should raise holly hell and denounce the hypocrisy of the city council. The first amendment also applies to us straight Cristian citizens.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
So they just did there march in Boston.

The parade, which began in Copley Square and ended in a rally at City Hall Plaza, was organized by a group called Super Happy Fun America. The group and its event were blasted by critics as homophobic.Marchers were outnumbered along the parade route by thousands of protesters, many of whom gathered behind police barricades along Congress Street near City Hall.
Three dozen protesters arrested during a controversial Straight Pride rally and parade in Boston Saturday

“We respect the rights of individuals to protest and take part in the democratic process. However, that right never trumps acts of violence or behavior that creates a risk for other participants, bystanders, or police,” Algarin said in a statement. “We’re reviewing each arrest and will make informed decisions based on the facts of each and the policies of this office.”

US Representative Ayanna Pressley, a Boston Democrat, praised those who opposed Saturday’s march in a Twitter post.“TY to the allies & accomplices who stood in the gap & laid their bodies on the line today in affront #LGBT hate march,” Pressley said in the statement Saturday. “To everyone feeling unseen & vulnerable today...we got you. Equitable outrage. Our destinies & freedoms are tied.”Pressley also posted a link to a fund which collected donations to cover legal fees and other expenses connected with “unplanned arrests” in connection with protesting the march, according to the fund-raiser’s website.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/3...in-court-this-week/ar-AAGEZ7p?ocid=spartanntp

Outdone by numbers and noise from thousands of protesters, a few hundred marchers in a controversial Straight Pride Parade were jeered and heckled Saturday afternoon during a mile-long procession from Copley Square to City Hall Plaza.“Shame on you!” many of the protesters yelled as the parade, flanked by hundreds of police officers, passed block after block of security barricades on normally busy downtown streets, which had been closed for the event.
After the rally ended at 4 p.m., some of the protesters turned their anger toward the mayor and police, whom they assailed for allowing the parade and then protecting the marchers.
A phalanx of police riding motorcycles rolled up Congress Street toward State Street, with their sirens and lights on, to disperse the crowd, but the mass of protesters moved into the road and blocked the officers’ path.
As the sides faced off, protesters could be heard chanting, “Who do you serve?”
https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...rting-point/qFStqXFPcWoOWAaxkDyDfI/story.html

The city of Modesto was denied a permit for the controversial straight pride parade.
The city cited two reasons for denying the permit.
First, they said the event organizers did not get the event insured.
Second, the city cited safety concerns
“As of tonight, I can confirm the city of Modesto will be denying the permit,” Modesto public information officer Thomas Reeves said.
The straight pride event was planned here in Modesto’s Graceada Park August 24th and after weeks of debate, Modesto city council pulled the plug after too many issues with the event and the organizer.
“We were informed today by the insurance carrier that they are denying insurance,” Reeves said. “
If you don’t have insurance you can’t reserve one of our parks.
The second thing is our concern for safety we have a big concern for the residents around Graceada Park.”
It was advertised on social media in a colorful flyer celebrating heterosexuality, masculinity and more.In a meeting Wednesday, opponents said Don Grundmann, the man behind it, promoted hate. Reached by phone, he dealt with this latest blow.
Modesto’s controversial attempt at a Straight Pride Rally has finally come to a close with little more than a whimper.The event’s organizer, Don Grundmann, previously insisted the rally would happen one way or another, despite the group’s failure to qualify for a permit from city council. And the city council admitted they had no grounds to stop them from convening in public, nor would they try to. Though they did pass an emergency law banning certain items that could be used as weapons, due to a fear that the event might promote both anti-gay and racist violence.

But at the end of the day, the rally reportedly only drew around twenty people “celebrating straight pride” and another 200 protestors. In fact, it sounds like even the police presence outnumbered supporters of the National Straight Pride Coalition.

https://www.pride.com/news/2019/8/25/modesto-straight-pride-rally-fizzles-out-minimal-attendance
https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2019/08/24/200-people-gather-straight-pride-modesto/
At the end of video - The protestors were celebrating at a gathering in a city park. I think that odd

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Straight Pride Parade fallout: DA wins fight over protester arrests

Suffolk County District Attorney Rachael Rollins asked the Supreme Court to intervene after Sinnott last week ignored prosecutors' requests to drop charges against many of the 36 counter protesters arrested for disorderly conduct during the Aug. 31 parade and rally.

The legal fallout pitted the Suffolk County District Attorney, elected on a reform-minded progressive platform last year, and a judge appointed by Republican Gov. Charlie Baker in 2017. "There's clarity now," Rollins said at a news conference. "We thought we had it but now it is crystal clear that we have the authority to do what it is that we did. We will continue to do so.

In his nine-page order, Gaziano agreed to grant "extraordinary relief" to Roderick Webber, a counter protester whose case was the subject of Rollins' petition to the Supreme Court. Gaziano ordered that his arraignment be vacated immediately and his case remanded back to Municipal Court. He also ordered his criminal record from the arrest be expunged.
Sinnott had argued Rollins did not properly notify the case's "victims" – leaders of the conservative group Super Happy Fun America, which organized the parade – of her decision to drop charges.
But Gaziano said disorderly conduct is an offense against the public, not a single victim.
Rollins is still prosecuting eight people arrested for violent acts at the Straight Pride Parade.
Each has been charged with either assault and battery on a police officer or assault, accosting, affray, or carrying a dangerous weapon.
Each of the cases that Rollins sought to dismiss involved nonviolent charges and defendants with no prior criminal records.
The District Attorney's Office said they will now individually review each of those case following the Supreme Court judgement.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/straight-pride-parade-fallout-da-wins-fight-over-protester-arrests/ar-AAH2GY4?ocid=spartanntp

I think this is a very bad signal.
Boston is headed in the direction of Baltimore.
[SUB][/SUB]

·
Super Moderator
5,898 Posts
In their demented way and words "THATS RACIST!!!" or imo just highly ignorant, blind, and pushing s divide.

"....
> "Have you ever been fired from a job for being straight? Have you been banned from the USA for being Christian? No?
That’s because it’s Straight pride day EVERY DAY," Modesto Progressive Democrats
wrote in a Facebook post
…."

Straight people have been segregated, lost their jobs, made fun of by gays and the other letters of the alphabet soup group. Thing is you wont hear of it seeing we don't cry over it and make a hissy fit. What I would like to know which gays and what religions have been banned from coming into the united States?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts