National Gun Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the story went national. MLB pulled the all star game from the nice new stadium in a state that was open for business. They are protesting Georgia's new voting law. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Besides liking the new law and think, like Trump, they should have went further. I think it's long overdue. I don't think most people have read the law and I don't really blame them. It's a lot to go through. I trudged through it and some conservative pundits summarized it fairly well. The fake news summerized it too with their own twist. At least know some facts about it. The leftist took off with it and even sleepy Joe is calling it Jim Crow like.

The NY times has a summery with their slant but they links the original text.

Here are the most significant changes to voting in the state, as written into the new law:

They thought about pulling the Masters from Augusta, GA

Major corporations are denouncing the law. Delta, Coke and Home Depot headquartered here are among them.

The Woke crowd seems to be running things now or are they?

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Anybody with kids know that the kid that pitches a fit will get the attention and will continue that way until taught otherwise. The well behaved one gets ignored.

I actually understand when companies say they don't like the law to prevent the leftist woke's from pitching a fit. Saying they don't like it doesn't change the law. It's just a preemptive strike to calm the woke's to keep them from boycotting them.

I think we should push back especially if the cause is just. Everybody that wants to vote can and should vote. Dead people, illegals, people that move out of state, imaginary and multiple votes should not be allowed. That's not voter suppression.

Real voter suppression is having my vote canceled out by bogus votes.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
MLB pulls the all star game out of Atlanta but not the MLB team that plays home games there. Hmmm.
MLB signs an enormous deal with China the day after moving the all star game. Hmmm.
MLB moves the all star game to Coors Field in Denver Colorado. Anyone checked on Colorado voting laws recently?
Apparently MLB hasn't or they might consider going back to Atlanta.
Is MLB aware that the sponsor of the stadium in Denver, Coors Brewing Co, has contributing a whole lot of money to conservative causes, including anti gay groups.
I could keep posting more but the hypocrisy, the virtue signaling and the attempt to get with the woke crowd before they burn their tax payer funded investments down is laughable.
The agreement with China is MLBs admission that they are losing and will continue losing fans both in the stands and on tv. By getting deeper into the globalist market, they are signaling they don't need you, so boycott away.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MLB was the last major sport left. We all know the NBA went hard left and the NFL went right along. Now apple pie is gone.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
13,088 Posts
I wish companies in general would stay the hell out of politics.
If you play sports... play sports, If you sell hardware....sell hardware. If you play music or make believe in movies...then do that, if you sell soda...sell soda, but for the love of God stay the hell out of politics.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I called the wrong person at Delta. I need to get the contact info for someone higher up I told them as a home town airline I was going to try and avoid them. They should know better and do better. I can't buy a ticket or get on a plane without an ID.

The right should make it known that they have money too and you need to think twice if you pick a side.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rubio called on the commissioner to revoke his membership at Augusta National.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
MLB did this because they fear the left and their response.
But they do not fear the right. They know the right will ***** moan and complain, but they will still buy tickets and merchandise. This will continue until the right gets serious about making corporations pay a price.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wish companies in general would stay the hell out of politics.
If you play sports... play sports, If you sell hardware....sell hardware. If you play music or make believe in movies...then do that, if you sell soda...sell soda, but for the love of God stay the hell out of politics.
I just heard the Augusta National Chairman when asked if he was for or against the law he said basically he was going to stay out of it. Good for him. He probably has an opinion but I don't know what it is I do know he's the chairman of a world class golf facility not a political PAC.

Reactions: Speed

·
Registered
14,425 Posts
I think anytime someone asks for my ID now I'll tell them it's racist and disparaging to poor people. Curious on the reaction I'll get.

Reactions: Ziggidy

·
Registered
19,488 Posts
Those "Jock Sniffers" have over-rated themselves and their alleged influences. Just a hint: How is Collin Kapperdick's NFL "draft program" coming along? That is, in spite of his mega-dollar Nike endorsements? How do you rate endorsements when you are no longer relevant nor in the game? A new sports gear business paradigm, I suppose.

Just my opinion, but I do believe professional televised sports is going to progress onward with significantly reduced audiences and fan bases. It's a "generational sea-change" thing.

·
Jesus Saves
8,055 Posts
Sad, very sad. I know die hard sports fans that can care less about the politics behind what the teams do but strongly support them. As long as they can watch a sport on TV, they're ok. The world can be burning down, riots can be destroying cities, and so on......dang, they'll even wear masks in their own home if they can continue have their sports.

This is the world we're up against. Not only are we fighting a government takeover, we're fighting a good for nothing population base of woke people. Our citizen base has been indoctrinated and diluted.

Patriotism is a minority. I'm old enough to want to sit back and just watch those woke idiots drown in their own apathy. I would hate to see innocent lives die for unappreciated idiots who have no respect for freedom.

·
Registered
6,521 Posts
Well, MLB did pull out of Atlanta, handing the All-Star Game from a mostly black city in Georgia to a mostly white city in Colorado. Colorado has voter ID laws and a shorter early voting period than Georgia does. But the state has a lot of legalized pot, so … liberal victory?

Whatever messaging gains the Democrats may have made by invoking the grim specter of
George Wallace Democrat
Orval Faubus Democrat
Bull Connor Democrat
and James Eastland Democrat
to smear the GOP, there are very real economic losses the people of Georgia are going to sustain.

If you look back. Most all of that list were in bidens circle.
Like this one

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sports is a pastime used to distract us from the harsh realities of life. We can totally immerse ourselves and forget about finances, wars and rumors of war, disease and pestilence and other problems.

The same with a good movie it can take you away to different place, for a while.

They take on a whole new meaning when sports figures and actors feel the need to involve themselves in politics at my expense.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I'm guessing MLB either isn't paying attention to the NFL's demise, or arrogantly thinks it's the tail that can wag the dog.

Something tells me B-Ball and Hockey are going to have an upswing in popularity, this year...

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
As I said earlier, MLB's deal with China was just two middle fingers towards their base.
Go ahead and boycott, they just made up the shortfall before you even decided to stop watching.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts