National Gun Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an OPSol Mini-Clip adapter and some Aguila minishell for my mossberg 500 which I have shot a lot 2 3/4" without any problem. When I pull the forearm to load, ALL the shell in the magazine popped out. Could there be any issue with the mossberg?

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I'm not familiar with the part you added but i'm guessing there is something wrong with that, you installed it wrong or possibly left a part out. Sounds like it's keeping the cartridge interrupter open allowing the spring to just push all the rounds out. The interrupter is the flat part with a slightly curved end on the inside of the receiver that rests up against the shell rim or follower when empty.

·
Banned
142 Posts
I'm not familiar with the part you added but i'm guessing there is something wrong with that, you installed it wrong or possibly left a part out. Sounds like it's keeping the cartridge interrupter open allowing the spring to just push all the rounds out. The interrupter is the flat part with a slightly curved end on the inside of the receiver that rests up against the shell rim or follower when empty.
+1

·
Super Moderator
5,691 Posts
I just bought an OPSol Mini-Clip adapter and some Aguila minishell for my mossberg 500 which I have shot a lot 2 3/4" without any problem. When I pull the forearm to load, ALL the shell in the magazine popped out. Could there be any issue with the mossberg?
Nope, issue is with how it was installed or the part installed is defective.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
It worked fine for 2-3/4" shells and you think there might be a problem with your shotgun. Your problems started with the mini-shells and when you installed that doohickey. Make sure the doohickey is installed the right way. How are the shells feeding with the elevator feeding them and the doohickey stopping them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts