National Gun Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thoughts?

been thinking about them in 12ga......4-buck........
Federal Shorty Shotshell Ammo 12 Ga 1-3/4 #4 Buckshot 15 Pellets Box

i understand they are problamatic in some autos and pumps........but i am thinking of playing with the concept in some single shot break-overs..

as light as those guns are, this might make them down right fun and maybe if pattern testing worked out suitable for defense.

the mini slugs look interesting as well......
Aguila Minishell Ammo 12 Ga 1-3/4 7/8oz Slug Box of 20

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
I am wanting a stoeger stainless double barrel coach gun and thought the same thing about those mini shells. I think the slugs are actually a bit cheaper around here than 2-3/4” slugs.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
The Stoeger isn't real bad for a lower priced SXS coachgun. Keep in mind that the barrels aren't often well regulated on those lower priced SXS's especially the coachguns, so many of them don't shoot well with slugs. I've seen some coachguns that shoot a foot left or right and a foot high or low at ten yards one barrel might shoot right to POA while the other is that far off at ten yards.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Oh, I doubt I’d be shooting slugs from that. It would just be a fun scatter gun to play with.

A foot at 10 yards is pretty far off. I’d be contacting Stoeger about that.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Its not unique to Stoeger coachguns, I've seen it with Baikals, Stoegers, the Chinese made coachguns, and other low end SXS coachguns marketed to the Cowboy Action Shooter crowd.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
23,187 Posts
thoughts?

been thinking about them in 12ga......4-buck........
Federal Shorty Shotshell Ammo 12 Ga 1-3/4 #4 Buckshot 15 Pellets Box

i understand they are problamatic in some autos and pumps........but i am thinking of playing with the concept in some single shot break-overs..

as light as those guns are, this might make them down right fun and maybe if pattern testing worked out suitable for defense.

the mini slugs look interesting as well......
Aguila Minishell Ammo 12 Ga 1-3/4 7/8oz Slug Box of 20

Using a 12ga. for defense, I'd stick with 00 buck. The short #4 buckshot would be okay for a snake killer.

·
Registered
14,087 Posts
I see a KSG in your future...

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Always worth a try. I been thinking about it out of my 1300 too seems like it will hold more capacity.
They will not cycle properly, at least they didn’t in mine.
For the mini’s to work properly you need this-
and as of now they only make them for the Mossberg 500 family of shotguns.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts