National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you like Mike Venturino's articles? He covers a lot of older lever gun articles these days?

Over the years he has gravitated to the older western rifles and some handguns and started calling himself the "Duke," since the real "Duke" passed on.

I do like his coverage about reloading the older carts and reporting on how they perform. Do you read his reviews?

G

·
sig232 said:
Over the years he has gravitated to the older western rifles and some handguns and started calling himself the "Duke," since the real "Duke" passed on.
Nobody replaces the Duke! :evil: He is not dead, he is resting, waiting for a time to come back. :ugeek:

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gunny the Gun said:
sig232 said:
Nobody replaces the Duke! :evil: He is not dead, he is resting, waiting for a time to come back. :ugeek:

I did see a lot of letters to a couple of mags when Mike Venturino stated using "Duke!" He got hammered pretty hard by a lot of readers but the mag likes to tag people with theme names and the nickname persists. He is quite the opposite of the real "Duke" who was big and tough and in top shape. Mike Venturino is very overweight, out of shape and does not look to be very tough.

But his writing skills are great and he shoots like a pro so we love him.

G

·
He's okay, and definitely knowledgeable on lever guns and single action revolvers. I remember him writing twenty years ago for Petersen pubs, when he was a more normal guy, before he joined the American Handgunner clique of self-congratulatory backslappers. The "Duke" nickname is totally ridiculous. He's a fat old guy, not a gunfighter.

I was amused by his article six or so months ago on Fat Guy Concealment.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mike Barham said:
He's okay, and defitiely knowledgaeable on lever guns and single action revolvers. I remember him writing twenty years ago for Petersen pubs, when he was a more normal guy, before he joined the American Handgunner clique of self-congratulatory backslappers. The "Duke" nickname is totally ridiculous. He's a fat old guy, not a gunfighter.I was amused by his article six or so months ago on Fat Guy Concealment.

Ha!Ha!Ha! I was trying to be nice but I do agree with your assessment. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts