National Gun Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
It's lost. No one knows where it is. Great.
You are letting this bother you. No point in getting lathered up about it. Think about it like this.
The actual package could be anywhere, including back at Midway. Somebody is just sending you a
lot of arbitrary tracking info, which, since you can't verify it, is just BS, anyway. More than likely, somebody
sent you that info, then realized how far in advance of the proposed arrival date they were, and now they're backpedaling, to try to cover their tracks.

Case in point:
I ordered a PAF SC pickup, they sent it, claimed it was delivered, I never got it. I contacted them about it, they said "Oh, it may have been mis-delivered. want a refund, or should we ship another pickup?"
I sez "I want the pickup, send another."
10 days later, I get the pickup, in the mail.
The next day, I get ANOTHER pickup, in the mail. Obviously, the SECOND pickup being sent spurred the FIRST pickup to delivery, at whatever the clog point was. Then I had to print a shipping label, and make a trip out to the UPS office, in order to ship the second pickup back.

Did I track the pickups, every 15 minutes, every stop on the way ? No.
Was I worried about the exact delivery day, of the pickup ? No.
Did they do what they said they had done? Obviously Not.
Did I find out, where the original pickup had been lost, or held up ? No.
Did I eventually get what I had ordered ? Yes. Was it a hassle ? Yes .

Welcome to the world of deliveries. This is what getting deliveries, on a regular basis,
is like. Crank it down, a couple thousand RPM, and relax. Pay, with any major credit card, and your delivery is covered. There's just no point in giving yourself an ulcer, about it.
Lower your expectations, a little. Find something a little more productive, and amusing, than delivery tracking, until your order's arrival date.

·
Registered
13,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It's UPS tracking, the system sent me that info. Supposedly it made it to Orlando, then it was on a manifest that went to Palm Harbor, but it didn't. So UPS thinks it's in Palm Harbor, but it isn't. Yea, it bugs me.

·
Aim true !
10,550 Posts
Im the same way Sam. I look and see where the tracking is everyday. Been watching my 10/22 parts.

·
AZHerper
3,797 Posts
I ordered a computer chair floor mat last week which was supposed to be delivered in 2 days and it's gone missing so I'm joining this crowd. Hope that I do get it sometime.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
12,084 Posts
How much was that mat?
They're about 30-40 bucks. I need to order one for my wife as she has been transitioned to work from home for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
13,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I like hard casters, but my floor doesn't, so I've thought about one.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
12,084 Posts
Amazon has well reviewed ones for $32

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Got to watch those emails. Crooks send you an email to verify this or verify that. I get a lot of them. "Your account has been suspended, please follow this link and verify your information" blah blah blah.
I get them all the time too but these came right after i made the order, not really just out of the blue. I woke up this morning though to see another email from walmart saying my order is being processed now. There were links in the email to track or cancel the order so i tried to cancel it and it wouldn't let me. So i tried to go on my credit card site and block it and i see 4 charges for the same computer pending. I either couldn't find it or you can't so it that way so i called the number on the card. Got a very nice girl on the phone at 2:30am and explained it all so she blocked them from any of those charges but she also said it's not uncommon to see more than one pending charge as they sometimes verify the account before they actually charge. either way they can't bill my card now.

·
Registered
13,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I got an email "from Amazon" immediately after I placed an order telling my my account was suspended and needed to take action. It was Amazon. They have eyes watching your activity and respond quickly. Don't trust any of it, go to the site or your bank. I've gotten emails "from my bank" wanting verification. It's not my bank, I guess they call it phishing. I go to my bank online and everything is fine. They are crafty.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
My buy list is long. Still anticipating a move and when I do I plan on getting a glass chair mat. I have a heavy duty plastic one but they really cant stand up to my lard azz poundage.

·
Aim true !
10,550 Posts
Cool glad your order was found. My 10/22 parts came. Now to wait for my Cabela's order. Glad i did order online too. They had some bullets at our Cabelas yesterday. Im going there today. To meet my parents and brother, I was going to pick them up when im there. They do have plenty of 38 super brass in. So i'll grab some.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
I was going to see if I could bump my stock pile on bullets. Went to Bayou to check prices and stock and they are out with a 5-6 week backorder wait.

·
Registered
13,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Finally got my grip. Just got it installed, was a real b!tch. The hole for the mounting screw had a bad angle on it, had to do some filing to wallow out the hole some. My first impression, she's too fat for me. I must have small hands. Just takes some getting used to I guess.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,584 Posts
I have two shipments incoming. One has been sitting in Charlotte for past three days. While the other was in Greensboro, NC and now in Raleigh, NC, which means it is heading away from me.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
The computer i ordered came on Monday. I have to go through this one and figure out what i want to save and i'll hook it up this weekend. I usually get 2-3 coins a week and lately for the most part they come pretty quick. The ones from the left coast seem to be a bit slower and take maybe a day or two longer than normal. I have been trying to look for stuff i want from people in the TX area and up the east coast.

·
Aim true !
10,550 Posts
My turn with shipping woos. Ordered a scope for the 17HMR. It shipped the 7th from N.J. Last info on the 11th said it's on the way but delayed. The seller is sending me another now. I told him thank you very much. And if and when the lost one shows up. I'll pay for it. No reason for him the be out for the sale, Due to something he can not control.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts