National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
13,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a grip 8/6, they estimate delivery 8/27....where the hell are they, china? It got to Orlando 8/10. Tracking says it left UPS mail innovations for USPS for induction. So I guess it's going to sit on the shitter for a couple weeks. Amazon has spoiled me, I want it next day, not in 3 weeks to come from MO. If Amazon had it, I would have bought it from them. If Amazon can do it, why can't everyone else?

·
Aim true !
10,274 Posts
I ordered a speed loader for my 10/22 from Gooutdoorgear.com. The shipping said 8/17 for delivery. It came yesterday.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
11,912 Posts
I ordered a $7 molded rubber hose for my generator from amazon. Says it will be delivered friday.
As of 4:30am this morning its sitting at my local post office. (why couldn't it be delivered today?)

USPS is seriously incompetent. I am not a fan of this UPS innovation deal where they manage part of the shipment then hand it over to USPS.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I ordered a $7 molded rubber hose for my generator from amazon. Says it will be delivered friday.
As of 4:30am this morning its sitting at my local post office. (why couldn't it be delivered today?)

USPS is seriously incompetent. I am not a fan of this UPS innovation deal where they manage part of the shipment then hand it over to USPS.
Because they want you to log into UPS.com and "upgrade" your delivery for $3.50 to deliver it 1 day sooner. At least that's what I'm always asked to upgrade when something comes in with UPS Mail Innovations or "Surepost" or whatever the hell it's called. Luckily for me I live in a small town and fairly close to the post office so either the post office will deliver it sooner anyways or if it's something I really want to get I'll simply go to the post office and pick it up myself and still get it a day sooner for free.

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
I bought a grip 8/6, they estimate delivery 8/27....where the hell are they, china? It got to Orlando 8/10. Tracking says it left UPS mail innovations for USPS for induction. So I guess it's going to sit on the shitter for a couple weeks. Amazon has spoiled me, I want it next day, not in 3 weeks to come from MO. If Amazon had it, I would have bought it from them. If Amazon can do it, why can't everyone else?
Who do you think Amazon uses? More than half my Amazon deliveries come via USPS (and my house averages 3-4 Amazon deliveries per week). I don't see how USPS makes money sending drivers out on Sunday making Amazon deliveries....

·
Registered
2,318 Posts

USPS. The same folks they want us to trust our election with this fall.

·
Registered
13,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't have a problem with USPS, it's everyone else in the chain. I'll miss USPS when they're gone. But I don't see why they couldn't just send it USPS and skip the middle guy. DHL to USPS has always been a mess, now UPS to USPS is just as bad. It's like they see the estimated delivery date and leave it sit in a corner until that time, even if it's an hour away.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,271 Posts
With the COVID-19 BS, everyone is ordering online and having stuff delivered. So UPS, FedEx, and the USPS are swamped with packages traveling to all corners of the United States. Even Amazon, who was set up for second-day delivery, can't maintain normal shipping schedules. Most vendors are now padding their delivery dates, to keep customer compliants down.

·
Registered
13,205 Posts
With the COVID-19 BS, everyone is ordering online and having stuff delivered. So UPS, FedEx, and the USPS are swamped with packages traveling to all corners of the United States. Even Amazon, who was set up for second-day delivery, can't maintain normal shipping schedules. Most vendors are now padding their delivery dates, to keep customer compliants down.
This and here were a few postal hubs that had a bunch of people out sick from the covid or were quarantined. I remember reading something about Detroit right after i ordered something and then my tracking said it was in Detroit 2 days later.....and there it sat for a week.
Also i was thinking about something else the other day. Lots of mail get shipped on commercial airplanes. With not so many planes running i wonder if this is also slowing things up as well? Maybe they are using more trucking to get mail cross country now?

·
Registered
734 Posts
What you really have a problem with is...

...shipment tracking. They give you the illusion of control, by stating time of arrival and departure, at specific shipping hubs, when, basically, you wind up feeling impotent, as the package takes a nooner, for a couple weeks on you, and you have no one to contact, or no way to speed the shipment, regardless of where it quit moving.

It's mind over matter, you mind, so it matters. The package isn't late, right?

Kobs is right, BTW, they are trying to manipulate you into paying more to expedite the shipping. That's what "shipment tracking" is about. People fall into the trap, of watching their package move, every few hours, then get impatient, when it stalls, somewhere.
What, did you really think they were trying to "help you", by equipping you with shipment tracking? Sorry, it's a new source of revenue, for them.

Just ignore it. If it isn't there, by the 28th, then take it up with Midway. Let THEM scream and yell at Fed/UP, and United Pot Smokers, for you.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Who do you think Amazon uses? More than half my Amazon deliveries come via USPS (and my house averages 3-4 Amazon deliveries per week). I don't see how USPS makes money sending drivers out on Sunday making Amazon deliveries....
Not sure if you were trying to be funny or not. Can you see how the USPS is bleeding money and screaming for a bailout.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
There were several mentions of the UPS surepost or whatever it's called and lack of commercial airliner traffic to carry mail. FedEx used to carry US Mail, don't know if they still do it. The postal service would sort, collate then bag mail and drop it off at a FedEx station. FedEx would put it on a plane like the rest of their express packages. The postal service would pick it up at the other end and take it to the post office to sort and send it on it's merry way.

·
Registered
13,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just checked, it's at the Palm Harbor post office, should be here tomorrow....unless they want to play with it for a while.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,271 Posts
Not sure if you were trying to be funny or not. Can you see how the USPS is bleeding money and screaming for a bailout.
The only thing causing the USPS to bleed money is the employee pension plan. USPS should scrap the employee pensions and go to 401k matching, like almost every corporation in the USA.

Reactions: Ziggidy

·
Jesus Saves
7,839 Posts
Last month UPS allegedly left some a package (ammo) at my door...I was home when they said they left it. I got my refund.

Two days ago they UPS text me (I use their service) and said a delivery was rescheduled for today. Today they text me and said it was rescheduled for tomorrow.

Their service has gone down. No need to compete any more since all delivery services have declined.

·
Registered
13,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One of the main reasons I bought from Midwest is the site said "Ships Today!" Woohoo! Then the put a 3 week time frame on it. The girl on the chat said we want to give them time to get it to me. So I can't make a claim until the 27th. Yea, things are a mess. Put a load on their systems, and things fall apart. It's like they evolved to a point and threw up their hands and said "good enough." Now maybe they will prepare for the next apocalypse.

·
Registered
13,205 Posts
I ordered a new computer tower last night and woke up this morning to emails from walmart and my card. Walmart said they cancelled the order and my card company asked me to verify if i made the order. I clicked yes, got a confirmation and ordered it again. I came home from work with another email from walmart saying they cancelled the order but nothing from my card so i went to Amazon and ordered it(cheaper too). I checked my email less than an hour later to see if that got cancelled so i could call my card company and ask WTH is going on. Instead i had a confirmation of shipping and a tracking number already. Now comes the fun part of seeing if it hits one of the really slow hubs now or if i get it on time, please please stay away from Detroit!

·
Registered
13,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got to watch those emails. Crooks send you an email to verify this or verify that. I get a lot of them. "Your account has been suspended, please follow this link and verify your information" blah blah blah.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts