National Gun Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We want to wish the best of luck to the second largest company on Earth as they embark on their mission to ensure they don’t offend a single person.
In mid-December, Microsoft developers added a tiny icon of a Santa hat in the bottom left corner of one of their programs (Visual Studio Code, also known as vscode).
1 person… as in ONE… complained on the Microsoft’s Github page, posting, and I quote:
Microsoft’s “The Santa Hat on vscode insiders and pushing of religion is very offensive to me, additionally xmas has cost millions of Jews their lives over the centuries. . .”
This ONE complaint led the company to respond, “we're sorry we hurt your and other's feelings. We'll remove the Santa Hat.”
Microsoft then switched the Santa hat icon with a more ‘culturally-neutral’ icon of a snowflake… perhaps to appease generation snowflake and its hypersensitivity.
The company then announced that “. . . the Santa hat was divisive and offensive to some of our users (even a single person being offended is one too many), meaning it represented the opposite of what we wanted to convey to our users.”
But was that the end of the controversy? Oh no.
Other users were offended that Microsoft would nix the Santa hat icon because a single person was offended.
“Well, that was unexpected,” Microsoft’s update on the incident begins.
And there-in lies the catch-22 encircling all modern “woke” companies. Being offended is America’s favorite pastime.
Click here to read the full story.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
I seem to remember something that goes like this:

You can please some of the people most of the time,
You can please most of the people some of the time,
But you can not please all the people all the time.

And the answer is: you do what you want and simply ignore the "offended" people.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,293 Posts
They should do what I do, my life's goal is to offend those that I don't like, as much as is humanly possible. :cornut:

Reactions: Fitasc Shooter

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
Everyone should pick a different emoji and call microsoft and explain how they are offended by it.

·
"You talkin to me?"
4,285 Posts
ya know,, for someone smart enough to develop software that develops into a company such as Mircosoft they are certainly a LOT of dumbasses

·
Registered
894 Posts
They should strive to offend EVERYBODY. It's easier than offending nobody, and achieves the same end. A level playing field.
Pretty sure I've heard the loonies (candidate and not) say that is something they want.

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
They should strive to offend EVERYBODY. It's easier than offending nobody, and achieves the same end. A level playing field.
Pretty sure I've heard the loonies (candidate and not) say that is something they want.

They already do that with the way windows functions....or should i doesn't function.

Reactions: Fitasc Shooter

·
Registered
18,623 Posts
"All we want is a Fair Shake on a Level Playing Field."

That's a laudable theory. Go to a basketball game or a swim meet. Those should satisfy the "level' desire. But, competition will still take place.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Its ashame they dont take criticism for their OS this serious they would have a much better product.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I seem to remember something that goes like this:

You can please some of the people most of the time,
You can please most of the people some of the time,
But you can not please all the people all the time.

And the answer is: you do what you want and simply ignore the "offended" people.
“You can’t please everyone so you got to please yourself”
Quote from Garden Party ...by the Nelson brothers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
ya know,, for someone smart enough to develop software that develops into a company such as Mircosoft they are certainly a LOT of dumbasses
They have some very bright people in Microsoft, the problem resides in that they are so concentrated in the development that they do not get themselves instructed in how lousy liberal politics really are.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts