National Gun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Ancient Gaseous Emanation
57,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nine women and children of US-Mexican origin were shot dead by suspected drug cartel hitmen last month

27 Dec 2019

Mexican authorities have arrested a municipal police chief for his suspected links to the killing of three women and six children of US-Mexican origin in northern Mexico last month, local media and an official said on Friday.

Suspected drug cartel hitmen shot dead the nine women and children from families of Mormon origin in Sonora state on 4 November, sparking outrage in Mexico and the United States.

Several Mexican media outlets reported that law enforcement agents arrested Fidel Alejandro Villegas, the police chief of the municipality of Janos, which lies in the neighboring state of Chihuahua, on suspicion of involvement in the crime. The reports said he is suspected of having ties to organized crime, but details of his alleged role were not clear.

A federal official, speaking on condition of anonymity, confirmed the arrest of Villegas, which follows the detention of other suspects earlier in the investigation.

Mexican officials believe the women and children were killed after becoming caught up in a dispute between local drug cartels battling for control of the area.

Under pressure from the Trump administration, the Mexican president, Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, sought US cooperation in the case, inviting the FBI to help in the investigation.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/dec/27/mexico-mormon-murders-sonora-arrest

· Registered
8,425 Posts
Blackhawks on the border, jets for inland; time to just get nasty down and dirty with these drug cartels.

· Registered
8,214 Posts
The current mess in Mexico reminds me of the poor villagers during the Vietnam war. When the US or allied troops checked out the village, during the day, they had better not find any VC signs. When night fell the VC reentered the village and slaughtered the villagers for cooperating with the Allies.
I grew up on the border and cannot remember a time when the 'Silver or Lead' threat did not exist. Mexico is a failed state and nothing short of a real honest to God war can save it. That war will be a Civil War on steroids.

· Registered
17,556 Posts
The current mess in Mexico reminds me of the poor villagers during the Vietnam war. When the US or allied troops checked out the village, during the day, they had better not find any VC signs. When night fell the VC reentered the village and slaughtered the villagers for cooperating with the Allies.
I grew up on the border and cannot remember a time when the 'Silver or Lead' threat did not exist. Mexico is a failed state and nothing short of a real honest to God war can save it. That war will be a Civil War on steroids.

The only problem is gun ownership is mostly forbidden in Mexico, they have one gun store in the entire country which is controlled by the govt and the only people who seem to have a pipeline to illegal guns in the U.S. are the bad guys. I do feel sorry for the regular people down there and if it wasn't for their corrupt govt and the cartels we wouldn't have the immigration problem we do now.

· Registered
4,756 Posts
The only problem is gun ownership is mostly forbidden in Mexico, they have one gun store in the entire country which is controlled by the govt and the only people who seem to have a pipeline to illegal guns in the U.S. are the bad guys. I do feel sorry for the regular people down there and if it wasn't for their corrupt govt and the cartels we wouldn't have the immigration problem we do now.
And the corrupt government prefers to joint with the cartels rather than allow the citizens to have weapons for their own defense.

Reactions: Square target

· "You talkin to me?"
4,439 Posts
A failed nation being run by a failed government. They have the money and firepower.
starting to sound more and more familiar north of the border as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.