National Gun Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a first for me on this site. Was logging in.......a box appeared for my log in name and then another on my password box stating this was not a secure site and my name and password might be at risk........what gives?

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,463 Posts
Wasn't some kind of an ad to make you buy something, security,anti viral stuff? Cause they're good at doing stuff like this

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Are you using Chrome? If yes, is there a circle with and i in the middle at the beginning of the address bar? if so, click on it. do you see a messages that begins with "Your connection to this site is not secure" . This is what I see on my browser and it is telling me that I do not have an HTTPS connection which is a secure connection to this web site. One of the site admins can probably explain better.

·
Administrator
399 Posts
The "not secure" warning is a new feature brought out by google in the last couple of weeks. It is there if a web site is a HTTP page and not a HTTPS page. From my understanding of it, It makes it sound alot worse then it is, normally the HTTP page is less secure if you are using a WI-FI hotspot. Either way we are working on updating our entire network to HTTPS, I don't have an exact date but you should see it change over the coming months.

Niall

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
appreciate it.......

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
The "not secure" warning is a new feature brought out by google in the last couple of weeks. It is there if a web site is a HTTP page and not a HTTPS page. From my understanding of it, It makes it sound alot worse then it is, normally the HTTP page is less secure if you are using a WI-FI hotspot. Either way we are working on updating our entire network to HTTPS, I don't have an exact date but you should see it change over the coming months.

Niall
Thank you, sir.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts