National Gun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read that you should visualize all the possible scenarios that you can think of occurring in your home regarding confrontations with bad guys. It is said that if you think about how you would react in many type of situations that you will be much more prepared to handle them if they were to occur.

Do you think about different situations and how you would handle them while at home or out and about??

·
Registered
677 Posts
There's a fine line between being prepared, and being paranoid. As old as I am, I don't worry about being paranoid one little bit. ;) I teach that practice in personal protection classes all the time. To protect yourself properly, you can't be ready only part of the time. Just visualizing possible scenarios isn't enough. If you can imagine a given situation, you can practice how you should react to it, while you're at the range. The range I shoot at has 10 pistol bays, that will hold four shooters each. Three of those bays will not allow rounds to leave the range unless shots are fired upwards at a serious angle. Those are the bays that I train in, for unusual situations. Do an online search for "course of fire" and you'll get an idea of some of the training routines that are out there...... all of which can be modified to suit your particular situation.

.... train safely

... just my 2 cents worth

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jay said:
There's a fine line between being prepared, and being paranoid. As old as I am, I don't worry about being paranoid one little bit. ;) I teach that practice in personal protection classes all the time. To protect yourself properly, you can't be ready only part of the time. Just visualizing possible scenarios isn't enough. If you can imagine a given situation, you can practice how you should react to it, while you're at the range. The range I shoot at has 10 pistol bays, that will hold four shooters each. Three of those bays will not allow rounds to leave the range unless shots are fired upwards at a serious angle. Those are the bays that I train in, for unusual situations. Do an online search for "course of fire" and you'll get an idea of some of the training routines that are out there...... all of which can be modified to suit your particular situation.

.... train safely

I agree, practice, practice, practice makes muscle memory!

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
Jay said:

.... train safely

Good points!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts