National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh Oh! We have a bit of a war going on in Oregon right now. The Medford OR teacher claims its her second amendment right to carry that gun for self defense.

The local school district attorney warned that if a judge let her, Oregon schools would become, "armed camps!" Of course that isn't the case since licensed people do not create problems.

Oregon law says she can carry the gun into school the school board says no! Its the case of the liberal civil workers not wanting to follow the law. If they don't like the laws they will not pay any attention to it. Not the first time this has happened in Oregon.

This is fast becoming a national issue because everyone knows that this relates to all the school shootings across the country and will set a precedence to allow teachers from all over America to become licensed and pack protection in the schools. Thus bringing a quick halt to all the school shootings, in my opinion.

The local DA also chimed in and said that if the teacher prevailed, guns in schools could multiply and districts could be exposed to great liability from accidents. This would lead to untenable results, the DA told the court. School districts as well as other bodies would be reduced to armed camps!

It is interesting how government authorities do not trust their citizens with firearms. Although all DA's can and do pack heat on a daily basis for self protection. They appear to think they are much smarter and more proficient with firearms than the average citizen that obtains a license.

It all sounds exactly like the rant we heard when Florida became the first state to allow concealed carry licenses. Guess what! There were no gunfights! No accidents! No armed camps! All pure BS tossed out there by elitist liberals.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If teachers were packin there would be less problems in the classroom!

G

·
This is a subject that I have mixed feelings about. I could understand how some parents would not want their children in a school that allowed teachers to carry firearms. I could understand how an entity (the school district) can try to mandate if people can carry on their private property...

What I can't understand is how the law is blatantly being ignored to not allow this teacher to carry.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do think that if teachers that were trained properly were allowed to carry it would bring an end to schools shootings. Kids do not challenge authority if they know the rules are tough and they will be diciplined. I doubt that many would have the courage to face getting shot.

Currently they know that with a gun in a gun free zone they are in total control. Thats what most of the losers that perform these stunts are looking for, some form of control in their lives.

A concealed gun on a teacher or admin person that is licensed and trained is no more dangerous to kids than their hanging out at the mall among all the licensed gun owners. Schools should not be viewed any different than other places and I would want my child protected! Just my opinion.

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
sig232 said:
A concealed gun on a teacher or admin person that is licensed and trained is no more dangerous to kids than their hanging out at the mall among all the licensed gun owners. Schools should not be viewed any different than other places and I would want my child protected! Just my opinion.

............. and one I agree with wholeheartedly!!!

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
SheNine said:
sig232 said:

............. and one I agree with wholeheartedly!!!
A very good opinion, indeed :!:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts