National Gun Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a bushel basket of hard to find Cadet parts. If you are trying to save one and need parts let me know. This picture shows the new purchase. I have work for two of the three receivers. I also have a box full of the strikers not pictured. I recently paid $185. for a center fire breech block. Then turned around and found this bunch with three center and one rimfire breech blocks. Ain't that always the way things work out?
View attachment 41114
I know I'mlate to the game concerning your martini parts but I am hoping you still have a unmolested lever???

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
You are in luck. I have one un altered Martini Cadet finger lever in my junk box. As a matter of fact it appears to be in real good shape with little or no rust, and about 90% original finish. I THINK it is the middle one on the photo I posted. I will take $75.00 Including insurance, shipping via USPS. If that will work for you, send me a message with your mailing address. I will box and mail the part to you. IF the part passes "Muster" send me a check or Post office money order. If it does not work in your project put it in a box and send it back the same way you got it. No harm no foul.
Roy

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Wow they come out of the woodwork don't they and years later to boot. I don't think he can message you due to his post count. He may be able to reply to a PM as the other newbs did.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Unmodified Martini levers are about as rare as hens teeth, so yeah I can understand the desperation of those looking for Martini parts pulling up an old thread.

Reactions: Popeye

·
Super Moderator
16,403 Posts
No offense intended to any of the parties involved, but, considering some of the situations that have developed, I would certainly have money in hand before I sent parts to a new and unknown member... especially for something "about as rare as hens teeth"...

Alan

Reactions: fixitfred

·
Registered
17,324 Posts
Being mostly unfamiliar with Martini cadets and the parts I'm curious as to why so many levers are modified. What's the reason?

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Being mostly unfamiliar with Martini cadets and the parts I'm curious as to why so many levers are modified. What's the reason?
It isn't just with the Cadets, but mostly Cadets and rimfire Martini's Most Martini's in circulation are being converted into sporter's and most of those converted to more modern cartridges. A few people keep em original but, the majority get converted, usually to scoped target rifles, most of these conversions involve replacing the straight grip original shoulder stocks with pistol gripped stocks which involves modification of the lever to work with the pistol gripped stock. This is reason for the scarcity of unmodified levers. I have one of the BSA Martini rimfire target rifles that has been a project for several years now sources for parts are extremely scarce.

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Unmodified Martini levers are about as rare as hens teeth, so yeah I can understand the desperation of those looking for Martini parts pulling up an old thread.
Yup, that is why I just let the post simmer.

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
The virgin levers were designed to be used with a straight grip stock. If rifle has been rebuilt into a modern cartridge it will likely have a pistol grip stock. So the finger lever has to be bent to fit the curve. I bend mine and put a curl on the tip to accommodate a pinkie finger for leverage. These two Martini Henry Mk IV 's are built up in .50/70 US Government. But the second picture is of some of my Cadet Martini's in smaller commercial cartridges.
you'll have enlarge the image to see the modification.
Roy
Wood Hardwood Machine Metal Flooring

Attachments

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
No offense intended to any of the parties involved, but, considering some of the situations that have developed, I would certainly have money in hand before I sent parts to a new and unknown member... especially for something "about as rare as hens teeth"...

Alan
True, but I have never been burned. I am only risking a piece of steel, albeit an expensive piece of steel. The person on the other end is risking Their HONOR. I can replace the piece of steel. Once their HONOR is gone it is gone forever. They will live the rest of their lives as a liar and cheat. Big price to pay for a little piece of steel.
Roy

41 - 50 of 50 Posts